applying for sponsorship from companies Watch

eulerwaswrong
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
university will be very expensive for me as i am above the threshold for grants etc - i was thinking about writing to a couple of engineering firms to see if they would consider it - ive just started to write a letter and it just sounds really really rude

has anybody got any experience about sponsorship?
how did they go about it?
eulerwaswrong
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
anyone?
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You only gave us ten minutes to reply!

Are you sure you actually need this sponsorship? Although you might not be eligible for any grants you are still entitled to a student loan etc. Its often worth applying for grants anyway because you might be available for some and not know it.

As for sponsorship, there's quite a few companies that sponsor people if they work for them each summer. I know someone in engineering who does it but I dontknow the name of the firm. Try googling because it would be easier to apply to an already established scheme.
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got sponsored through uni but I was already working for them over the summer before I started uni and they offered it to me, I didn't ask. The only condition was that I worked for them the summer before, I got the money for the next year (£1500). Some places may ask you to work for them for at least 2 years afterwards or something.

The forces (Army, Navy, RAF) also do sponsorship, which could be relevant with engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise