The Student Room Group

Migrant worker

Hello I’m EU national and i move to live in UK 24 of July 2016 . September 2017 i start business course at college based in London and i get Student finance as a migrant worker.I passed my year one and progressed to year 2 .in 2018/2019 start my second year of my course bu I didn’t pass my modules and now in October 2019 i start repeating my year 2 of my course. How can I apply for Student finance as a migrant worker again.i want to get maintenance loan
Tank you
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Blagovest
Hello I’m EU national and i move to live in UK 24 of July 2016 . September 2017 i start business course at college based in London and i get Student finance as a migrant worker.I passed my year one and progressed to year 2 .in 2018/2019 start my second year of my course bu I didn’t pass my modules and now in October 2019 i start repeating my year 2 of my course. How can I apply for Student finance as a migrant worker again.i want to get maintenance loan
Tank you

Hi there,

You would apply as normal but instead of saying you are going into year three you would indicate year two again. Have you submitted an application for the 2019/20 academic year?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

You would apply as normal but instead of saying you are going into year three you would indicate year two again. Have you submitted an application for the 2019/20 academic year?

Thanks, Erin

No , I didn’t apply yet. Which form I should use PN1?
Kind Regards
No , I didn’t apply yet. Which form I should use PN1?
Kind Regards

If you applied as a Migrant Worker last year then you would complete the PR1 form.

This can be found here.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 4
If you applied as a Migrant Worker last year then you would complete the PR1 form.

This can be found here.

Thanks, Erin

In PR1 form their is no field about maintenance loan. How SFE will know that i am applying for maintenance loan and that will apply for the maximum amount which is around 11000£
Regards
Reply 5
Thanks a lot I check the form properly. Thank you I will apply today. I wish you all the best .
Kind Regards
Thanks a lot I check the form properly. Thank you I will apply today. I wish you all the best .
Kind Regards

If you need anything further just let us know :smile:
Reply 7
If you need anything further just let us know :smile:

Hi, last year i use to work for APG cleaning service as a temporary worker after the probation period i was offered for permanent position and i start work for the main company which is ABM Facility . Since April I’m working only for ABM but the previous agency doesn’t gave me P45 i ask them but they gave me only P60 .what kind of evidence I should send to SFE
If i send the new contact which start from 1 of April , last 3 months payslip, last 3 months bank statement, letter from the new company where i work. This will be enough? And about the address where I should send the documents to PO Box 89 Migrant Worker Team ?
Because last year i send it to this address but on the PR1 for the address is PO Box 210.
Kind Regards
Hi, last year i use to work for APG cleaning service as a temporary worker after the probation period i was offered for permanent position and i start work for the main company which is ABM Facility . Since April I’m working only for ABM but the previous agency doesn’t gave me P45 i ask them but they gave me only P60 .what kind of evidence I should send to SFE
If i send the new contact which start from 1 of April , last 3 months payslip, last 3 months bank statement, letter from the new company where i work. This will be enough? And about the address where I should send the documents to PO Box 89 Migrant Worker Team ?
Because last year i send it to this address but on the PR1 for the address is PO Box 210.
Kind Regards

If you are applying for funding for the 2019/20 academic year, it will just be the most up to date employment evidence we require. This would be your April contract and last 3 months payslips etc. It would be returned to the PO Box 89 address.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 9
If you are applying for funding for the 2019/20 academic year, it will just be the most up to date employment evidence we require. This would be your April contract and last 3 months payslips etc. It would be returned to the PO Box 89 address.

Thanks, Erin

Thanks, you are very kind.
Reply 10
Thanks,

Thanks alot
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Thanks alot

Hello, my Maintenance Loan payment date is 18 of December, and my status is waiting confirmation, what i have to do now?
Kind Regards.
Hello, my Maintenance Loan payment date is 18 of December, and my status is waiting confirmation, what i have to do now?
Kind Regards.

Hi, this means the university hasn't yet sent us Confirmation of Registration, so we'd recommend that you contact them and ask them to send this. Once we have this, you'll be paid within 3-5 working days.

Warm regards, Graeme
Reply 13
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi, this means the university hasn't yet sent us Confirmation of Registration, so we'd recommend that you contact them and ask them to send this. Once we have this, you'll be paid within 3-5 working days.

Warm regards, Graeme

Thanks a lot. Do University has to do that before each payment?
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks a lot. Do University has to do that before each payment?

In regards to the Maintenance Loan, they only need to do this once.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending