The Student Room Group

I slept with my new housemate, but I have a boyfriend.

Okay, this is a story about how my life got flipped turned upside down... kinda... well not yet.

I am a second-year student at Coventry University and I have been in a relationship for 6 months now with a student at Warwick University. We see each other a few times a week and I'd say our relationship is (or was healthy).

A few weeks ago a late first-year enroller (who also happened to be gay) moved into a spare bedroom we have in the house, all students are coventry uni students. To welcome the new guy into the property we took him to the local student bar, everyone but me and the new guy left after a drink or two but me and *Owen* stayed for a few more drinks. Our conversation just flew so much and general conversation turned to subtle flirting. When we got back home I invited him into my room and well...
We spoke the next morning and agreed that what we did shouldn't have happened.

Fast forward 2 days later... we all go on a night out to the local nightclub and well... a repeat of the previous outing... but this time he stayed overnight in my bed and we spent the whole next day with each other watching films and cuddling in bed.

I fell like I'm really getting feelings for the guy, but also love my boyfriend so so so much. I just want to slam my face against the keyboard I'm in so much of a frustrating position.

Any advice?
Is Owen the supposedly gay guy?

Wait, I think I'm missing a link somewhere;
Are you also a gay guy and had sex with your gay flatmate or you're a female and your flatmate didn't turn out to be gay?

Well, in either case, I think you have to think carefully about what you want. Do you want to pursue a new relationship or continue with your current one? Non-monogamous relationships exist as long as both your boyfriend and your flatmate agree. Personally I would come clean with your boyfriend (for the sake of honesty and integrity) but that could also mean a break-up (a more likely scenario). You've put yourself in a tough situation.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I would arrange a meeting with your boyfriend and tell him the truth.
Keeping it a secret from him until say 3,6,9, or 12 months later will really cause arguments and he will feel the guilt (& wonder why you kept it from the bf for so long).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending