HM Treasury Graduate Programme 2020 intake Watch

connorfrench96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I've just sent off my initial application to this grad scheme. Anyone else thinking of/ already applied for the scheme?

https://www.hmtreasurycareers.co.uk/...the-programme/
Sonia_3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I’m going to do my initial application questions this weekend.
Have you applied for any other grad schemes?
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sonia_3)
Hi,

I’m going to do my initial application questions this weekend.
Have you applied for any other grad schemes?
Hello, I’ve applied for a couple of others so far. NHS and CS fast stream. Will probably apply for a few more too. How about you?
Sonia_3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by connorfrench96)
Hello, I’ve applied for a couple of others so far. NHS and CS fast stream. Will probably apply for a few more too. How about you?
I’ve applied for CS Fast Stream too! Also planning on applying for the NHS grad scheme and a few others. Are you applying for the HMRC Tax graduate program?
Would I be right in assuming you’re also a social/political science graduate?
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sonia_3)
I’ve applied for CS Fast Stream too! Also planning on applying for the NHS grad scheme and a few others. Are you applying for the HMRC Tax graduate program?
Would I be right in assuming you’re also a social/political science graduate?
I haven’t really considered the HMRC programme but I really do need to read up on it. Yes! I’m in my final year of Politics and IR. Sent off my application for HM Treasury a few days ago. Nervously waiting!
izziwills2002
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, I'm actually nowhere near applying because I'm in year 13 myself wanting to do Politics and IR at uni next year, however this is something I've been looking into!
Is this a viable career option? i presume for CS fast stream they want you to move to London and the wage is sort of worrying due to how expensive London can be.

if theres any tips you could give me please do hahaha, let me know how everything goes guys good luck
xx1t35
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by izziwills2002)
Hi guys, I'm actually nowhere near applying because I'm in year 13 myself wanting to do Politics and IR at uni next year, however this is something I've been looking into!
Is this a viable career option? i presume for CS fast stream they want you to move to London and the wage is sort of worrying due to how expensive London can be.

if theres any tips you could give me please do hahaha, let me know how everything goes guys good luck
28k for a graduate (presumably 21) and living in London isn't too bad. Yes, London is expensive but you don't have to live in central London to work in central London. The outskirts of London, particularly South London, have fantastic travel and are much cheaper than central London. London is a great place to work there is no where like it in my opinion. Where is your first choice for university?
Brandimo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Did the application and first test when the scheme opened - hopefully we hear back soon.
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Brandimo)
Did the application and first test when the scheme opened - hopefully we hear back soon.
Tell me about it. The waiting is awful!
rory9797
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Does anyone know if numerical + verbal reasoning tests are timed?
Brandimo
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by rory9797)
Does anyone know if numerical + verbal reasoning tests are timed?
Time is recorded, but they're not specifically timed.
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Anyone got an invitation link to take the next tests yet? I’ve got the email to say I’ve passed but nothing more.
Brandimo
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by connorfrench96)
Anyone got an invitation link to take the next tests yet? I’ve got the email to say I’ve passed but nothing more.
Nothing yet broski.
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Brandimo)
Nothing yet broski.
Cheers bud.
sarskinz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
did anyone else receive a email to complete the verbal & numerical test?
rory9797
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by sarskinz)
did anyone else receive a email to complete the verbal & numerical test?
yep
s_z_1996
Rep:
?
Report 10 hours ago
Hi guys, does anyone know approx how many questions you have to do for both tests? I messed up and exit the test, thinking it would automatically save my progress. Turns out that is not the case lol and now I only have one more attempt left. So yeah, don't wanna mess this up so someone please help!!
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 hours ago
(Original post by s_z_1996)
Hi guys, does anyone know approx how many questions you have to do for both tests? I messed up and exit the test, thinking it would automatically save my progress. Turns out that is not the case lol and now I only have one more attempt left. So yeah, don't wanna mess this up so someone please help!!
Haven't done it yet, but I understand it's around 8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%