Little red Veins :( Watch

SJ_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hiya,

so I've noticed earlier today that I have little red veins on my legs, varicus veins if im not mistaken.

Is there any way in which I can prevent more from appearing and getting rid of the ones that have already appeared?

Thanks
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a little patch where I have little red/purple veins coming out like some kind of birds eye view of a city... It's strange.

I have no idea how you can prevent them or get rid of them, though!
SJ_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by inksplodge)
I have a little patch where I have little red/purple veins coming out like some kind of birds eye view of a city... It's strange.

I have no idea how you can prevent them or get rid of them, though!
awww ur sorta like me then, I hope theres some way we can get rid of them
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My friend's mum had these BIG TIME.
The only way she managed to get rid of them was by tightly binding her legs in bandages. I think they do it some surgical way, so I'm probably totally wrong
JazzyJo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i have a couple of these too on my thighs and calves. i think its hereditary, and you can ge them removed by laser treatment - but sounds expensive to me!
SJ_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by JazzyJo)
i have a couple of these too on my thighs and calves. i think its hereditary, and you can ge them removed by laser treatment - but sounds expensive to me!
Yup, laser treatment is expensive. Looks like these things will be on my legs for a long time then .
Jinxy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SJ_1)
Hiya,

so I've noticed earlier today that I have little red veins on my legs, varicus veins if im not mistaken.

Is there any way in which I can prevent more from appearing and getting rid of the ones that have already appeared?

Thanks
I think they are more likely to be tiny burst capalaries (spider veins) rather than Var.Veins. Generally V.Veins are painful and caused by excessive walking or pressure and it is more common for severely overweight people to have them.
With varicus veins there can be swelling of the feet, aches and pains of the legs , dicolouration around the skin where the veins are. You may well have them but I doubt it because you call them 'little red veins' well varicus veins are usually purpleyred and larger and come with pain.
captainlumpy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SJ_1)
Hiya,

Thanks
sorry to be off topic but i get tiny red veins around my nose... sounds very similar to what you have got, haven't a clue what it could be though.
Jinxy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by captainlumpy)
sorry to be off topic but i get tiny red veins around my nose... sounds very similar to what you have got, haven't a clue what it could be though.
could be what generally happens to people who are exposed to harsh wheather conditions or have been at some point. Such as over exposure to the sun or wind/rain. Sounds like broken blood vassals under the skin, i'm assuming there's quite a few of them and they are tiny and thin lines? lots of people get them
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
They're very unlikely to be varicose veins which are long tortuous fat bluey/brown discoloured veins running down your leg. Do a google image to compare.

Also image google spider naevus and telangiectasia and see if one of them look like what you've got
SJ_1
Rep:
?
yeah they must b the spider ones, wasnt really sure wht they were called tbh.
Jinxy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SJ_1)
yeah they must b the spider ones, wasnt really sure wht they were called tbh.
okay
captainlumpy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jinxy)
could be what generally happens to people who are exposed to harsh wheather conditions or have been at some point. Such as over exposure to the sun or wind/rain. Sounds like broken blood vassals under the skin, i'm assuming there's quite a few of them and they are tiny and thin lines? lots of people get them
ah righty, thanks = ] yeah I do spend a lot of time outside and have a quite a pale (but rosey) complexion
Jinxy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by captainlumpy)
ah righty, thanks = ] yeah I do spend a lot of time outside and have a quite a pale (but rosey) complexion
probably why then
thumper_bear_09
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can get them destroyed via an injection at a clinic. They inject a chemical into one of the veins and it slowly gets rid of the entire clump of surface veins in that section. I think I saw it on that embarrassing illnesses program on channel 4....the lady had the spider veins quite bad but it did get rid of them and she didn't flinch around the table either so if you don't mind needles then you can get it sorted. I've got them too...and super pale skin...but I'm really not that bothered about them
SJ_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by thumper_bear_09)
you can get them destroyed via an injection at a clinic. They inject a chemical into one of the veins and it slowly gets rid of the entire clump of surface veins in that section. I think I saw it on that embarrassing illnesses program on channel 4....the lady had the spider veins quite bad but it did get rid of them and she didn't flinch around the table either so if you don't mind needles then you can get it sorted. I've got them too...and super pale skin...but I'm really not that bothered about them
That sounds like a decent method. Well right now they aren't too bad, but im worried they'l get out of hand.
martin101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
first off, think! What colour is oxygenated blood? Red. What colour is deoxygenated blood? purply-blue. What do veins carry (I know this isnt a be all and end all rule but humour me)? Deoxygenated blood.

Quite simply put if its red and on your legs then unless something is really wrong it cannot be varicose veins. Also if you see varicose veins they look rather distinct, sometimes like youve got a snake or something under your skin. Most unpleasant I assure you. Id probably agree that its some sort of ruptured capillaries, though without seeing it I cannot be sure.

As ever, best bet is to go see a doctor! Someone who is paid to look at this sort of thing!
thumper_bear_09
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its spider veins that can be destroyed by the injection...they're purple. Varicose veins are well different like you said....they can be surgically removed but can end up coming back worse...some women get them from childbirth due to the pressures and strains on the body
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
laser treatment is not expensive ive had it done it costs 300 quid and its gone forever
JayneDoe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a few of these mainly on my legs and bizzarley a tiny set on the side of my face! One on my leg looks like a devils fork.. its quite cool really! But mainly annoying.. I'm a bit self consious about my legs anyway..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads