1-bromopentane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am applying for Queens' (CAM) this year. Does anyone have the experience of having a maths interview there?

I would be less stressed if I knew roughly what will be going on.
Last edited by 1-bromopentane; 1 year ago
Bjbrbjrbbrj
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1-bromopentane)
Hi, I am applying for Queens' this year. Does anyone have the experience of having a maths interview there?

I would be less stressed if I knew roughly what will be going on.
So I presume the MAT went well? xd
1-bromopentane
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bjbrbjrbbrj)
So I presume the MAT went well? xd
Oh I am applying to Cambridge so this have nothing to do with the MAT
Bjbrbjrbbrj
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh I am applying to Cambridge so this have nothing to do with the MAT
my bad! can't read - applying for Queen's College, Oxford so I thought we were in the same boat. Whoops
1-bromopentane
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bjbrbjrbbrj)
my bad! can't read - applying for Queen's College, Oxford so I thought we were in the same boat. Whoops
Oh, actually I did MAT yesterday. It was about right. Hopefully, you are doing very well (or you won't be asking me about it lol).
123an456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have also applied to queens for maths.
Bjbrbjrbbrj
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh, actually I did MAT yesterday. It was about right. Hopefully, you are doing very well (or you won't be asking me about it lol).
I left the oldest MAT practice papers till last, they are easier so I was pretty confident. A bit shocked when I walked in and it was much harder than the specimen papers but we'll see.
1-bromopentane
Rep:
?
(Original post by 123an456)
I have also applied to queens for maths.
Do you need to post any paper copy documents to them? Apparently, I just need to send them a scanned copy of the Confidentiality form. But I am not sure if I need to send any other things (like grade reports).
123an456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you need to post any paper copy documents to them? Apparently, I just need to send them a scanned copy of the Confidentiality form. But I am not sure if I need to send any other things (like grade reports).
Yh, i saw the email about the confidentiality form but I think that's all we need to send. How are you preparing for the interview?
1-bromopentane
Rep:
?
(Original post by 123an456)
Yh, i saw the email about the confidentiality form but I think that's all we need to send. How are you preparing for the interview?
Well, I did a couple of past "interview" questions online, but most of them are for oxford, which is not ideal. Presumably, the interview is easier than STEP. Any idea how to prepare?
Last edited by 1-bromopentane; 1 year ago
123an456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, I did a couple of past "interview" questions online, but most of them are for oxford, which is not ideal. Presumably, the interview is easier than STEP. Any idea how to prepare?
probably gonna do some step 1 papers, along with some maths challenge/olympiad stuff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads