The Student Room Group

17 year old at gym

Ok so I measured my body stats at the gym and I found that I weigh 66.5 kg and my body fat is around 22%. My body fat when i first started was around 28% and my goal is fat loss so that is good. However. I believe I’m skinny fat so due to this fat loss, i have gone even more skinnier and my body such as my arms look very skinny. If i continue with fat loss e.g deficit i will lose body fat and turn even more skinnier and my strength would go down or should i stick with a maintenance? I think the fat loss but a small deficit should take place however I don’t want to lose any strength. Any advice?
i'd say starting lifting weights bro. Start on the machines cos they would be easier for u as ur skinny. Pick a comfortable weight and aim to do like 5 sets of 10 reps. After doing the set drop down the weight. E.g. if you can do 20kg change it to 15kg. And do the same with that. You should feel ur arms aching after. If you do that every day ull see progress after a few weeks.
Reply 2
Original post by dj_ad_1
i'd say starting lifting weights bro. Start on the machines cos they would be easier for u as ur skinny. Pick a comfortable weight and aim to do like 5 sets of 10 reps. After doing the set drop down the weight. E.g. if you can do 20kg change it to 15kg. And do the same with that. You should feel ur arms aching after. If you do that every day ull see progress after a few weeks.

Appreciate it. What I do right now is 3 days a week at gym push pull legs. One week I do hypertrophy and the next week I do strength and i alternate between those but this is only for the compound lifts.

Quick Reply

Latest