Sony Ericsson K800i Watch

DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok,

I know this phone is quite old, however I still absolutely love it; its easy to work, has all the features I want and etc. HOWEVER trying to get this phone isn't so easy. I am on contract and have already had my upgrade, which was the Samsung U600, which I hate - boring, flimsy and doesn't have a lil hole where I can attatch my lil toggle thing on.

So im wondering does anyone know where I can buy this handset from, reasonable price that will allow me to put a contract sim in it? I know carphonewarehouse have it, but im not forking out £149.95 for the handset when I brought the same handset the other day for my Uncle at £80 (PAYG), which has gone to Jamaica.

Thanks
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's old? loads of people have them lately! i would assume you just need to buy a sim-free one...
sophisticated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Ok,

I know this phone is quite old, however I still absolutely love it; its easy to work, has all the features I want and etc. HOWEVER trying to get this phone isn't so easy. I am on contract and have already had my upgrade, which was the Samsung U600, which I hate - boring, flimsy and doesn't have a lil hole where I can attatch my lil toggle thing on.

So im wondering does anyone know where I can buy this handset from, reasonable price that will allow me to put a contract sim in it?

Thanks
Ebay?
I know Amazon sell a selection of phones that are SIM free. I also know that O2 were still recently offering it on contract, so you may just be able to buy the handset from them as well. And O2 don't lock or brand their phones so you would be able to put whatever SIM you wanted in it.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by inksplodge)
it's old? loads of people have them lately! i would assume you just need to buy a sim-free one...
LoL Ok, well its not old - I've had mine since Feb 2007, but my other Uncle (gadget freak), claims it is old lol :rolleyes:

(Original post by sophisticated)
Ebay?
I know Amazon sell a selection of phones that are SIM free. I also know that O2 were still recently offering it on contract, so you may just be able to buy the handset from them as well. And O2 don't lock or brand their phones so you would be able to put whatever SIM you wanted in it.
Ebay? no no - I hate that place and not long cancelled my account - they were harassing me for £1.19 - which I had paid, because they couldn't be bothered to search their records, they locked my account until I forked out another £1.19, which I didn't! Just wrote them a very snotty message and hey presto - following day my account was up and runnin again. However i have now cancelled it.

I will check out Amazon though, quite like that website. Very quick with orders and etc too.
x Kelly x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
... im not forking out £149.95 for the handset when I brought the same handset the other day for my Uncle at £80 (PAYG), which has gone to Jamaica.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Did you buy this from a shop or was it private selling. If it was from a shop you can buy a PAYG one and put the contract sim card in it. I did this with my K800i before it broke lol.
KAv.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey... i got the k800i and i love it.. theres a newer model but i dont like the silver round buttons lol

anyway maybe this might be what your looking for? works out around £60? http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/pay-as-y...lid=hotukdeals
dd1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got mine for £100 in O2 shop bout 6 months ago.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by x Kelly x)
... im not forking out £149.95 for the handset when I brought the same handset the other day for my Uncle at £80 (PAYG), which has gone to Jamaica.

Thanks
Did you buy this from a shop or was it private selling. If it was from a shop you can buy a PAYG one and put the contract sim card in it. I did this with my K800i before it broke lol.[/QUOTE]

I brought it from carphone warehouse last week - my mum rang on Tuesday and I asked her if it worked for my Uncle and she said yes, he shoved his sim in it and hey presto it locked onto the Jamaica mobile network, Digicel straight away.

So I was thinking ahh its probably because its PAYG, I didnt know whether the same would happen for me because im on Contract and that phone I got him is PAYG. I just don't want to fork out £80 and find that it doesn't work.
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did you buy this from a shop or was it private selling. If it was from a shop you can buy a PAYG one and put the contract sim card in it. I did this with my K800i before it broke lol.
I brought it from carphone warehouse last week - my mum rang on Tuesday and I asked her if it worked for my Uncle and she said yes, he shoved his sim in it and hey presto it locked onto the Jamaica mobile network, Digicel straight away.

So I was thinking ahh its probably because its PAYG, I didnt know whether the same would happen for me because im on Contract and that phone I got him is PAYG. I just don't want to fork out £80 and find that it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
ahhh thats fair enough.

Well with my k800i i had a PAYG sim card in it, then i got contract sim card and put in it and it worked fine. Make sure you've got the same network as the phone and the sim card, or get the phone unlocked to your sim card.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by KAv.)
hey... i got the k800i and i love it.. theres a newer model but i dont like the silver round buttons lol

anyway maybe this might be what your looking for? works out around £60? http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/pay-as-y...lid=hotukdeals
Yea definately - its the easiest phone I have owned in a long time that is easy, simple to work.

The website ya posted, however has the K800i but its locked to Vodafone - im guessin I need an 02 version (as apparently they dont lock theirs) in order for me to shove my 02 contract sim in it.
DancinBallerina

So I was thinking ahh its probably because its PAYG, I didnt know whether the same would happen for me because im on Contract and that phone I got him is PAYG. I just don't want to fork out £80 and find that it doesn't work.
ahhh thats fair enough.

Well with my k800i i had a PAYG sim card in it, then i got contract sim card and put in it and it worked fine. Make sure you've got the same network as the phone and the sim card, or get the phone unlocked to your sim card.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have an 02 sim card which is on contract, the mobile I brought for my Uncle was a K800i 02 phone, which was £80.

So I should be alright then? . . .LoL Im just trying to avoid the expense of £100+ for something I have seen and brought for £80.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got mine from the o2 shop for pay as you go. Just a word of warning, after a while the joystick thing plays up. Mine's dodgy sometimes, and my friend's just doesn't scroll up!
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is this the one you mean? I'm no phone expert so I don't know if it's the one you want.
It's only £80 here though.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...CSON+K800I.htm

I presume you could just stick your contract SIM card in it instead.
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

ahhh thats fair enough.

Well with my k800i i had a PAYG sim card in it, then i got contract sim card and put in it and it worked fine. Make sure you've got the same network as the phone and the sim card, or get the phone unlocked to your sim card.

Ok, I have an 02 sim card which is on contract, the mobile I brought for my Uncle was a K800i 02 phone, which was £80.

So I should be alright then? . . .LoL Im just trying to avoid the expense of £100+ for something I have seen and brought for £80.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it should. The phone isn't locked to the Sim Card type, just the network.
Ive put PAYG sim cards in phones that were originally from contract, and contract sim cards in PAYG phones.

If you're still unsure then ask them when you buy the phone. But honestly, i dont see there being any problem at all as long as they're both on the same network or unlocked to any network, but like you said you're sim card and the phone are both on o2. So yeah... go for it!

Somebody has just said about the joystick playing up... it does after a bit but just keep cleaning the joystick and around it with a cotton bud, its only becuase dirt gets in it
DancinBallerina
[QUOTE=x Kelly x]

So I should be alright then? . . .LoL Im just trying to avoid the expense of £100+ for something I have seen and brought for £80.
Yeah it should. The phone isn't locked to the Sim Card type, just the network.
Ive put PAYG sim cards in phones that were originally from contract, and contract sim cards in PAYG phones.

If you're still unsure then ask them when you buy the phone. But honestly, i dont see there being any problem at all as long as they're both on the same network or unlocked to any network, but like you said you're sim card and the phone are both on o2. So yeah... go for it!

Somebody has just said about the joystick playing up... it does after a bit but just keep cleaning the joystick and around it with a cotton bud, its only becuase dirt gets in it

Awww thanks for your help

I will go in and ask on Monday, treat myself to a new phone. Reason why im after another one is because the one I got at the moment, keeps switching itself off, the time doesn't keep anymore and the charge doesnt last very long anymore.

So for a phone to start playing up after sooo long (year and a half - that's good for me with phones ), I think its done pretty good, hence why im after another one lol
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thats alright

oh dear.. samsungs do tend to be like that. Sony ericssons are really really good, i recommend them. My K800i broke so i paid £20 to get an old SE but its still quite good

Edit: Thanks for the + rep
DancinBallerina
Thats alright

oh dear.. samsungs do tend to be like that. Sony ericssons are really really good, i recommend them. My K800i broke so i paid £20 to get an old SE but its still quite good
I hate the Samsung - I dont even know why I picked the U600 as my Upgrade - might just sell it tbh as they are worth quite abit of money!

Yes, Sony Ericsson - wins, thumbs up :yy: :yy: :yy:
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if it still works the you might aswell sell it and get some money to put towards the SE. You might want to consider environphone... it buys the phone off you for a reasonable price, working or not working and your getting money at the same time as recycling your phone, what a bonus hahha
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
either try ebay, or, i saw one in tesco the other day for about £70-80 depending on which network you bought it on... check out the networks shops and ask if they have any out back that didnt sell before.
DancinBallerina
if it still works the you might aswell sell it and get some money to put towards the SE. You might want to consider environphone... it buys the phone off you for a reasonable price, working or not working and your getting money at the same time as recycling your phone, what a bonus hahha
Just made a post on this - asking for people's stories and etc.

(Original post by ViolatedTreason)
either try ebay, or, i saw one in tesco the other day for about £70-80 depending on which network you bought it on... check out the networks shops and ask if they have any out back that didnt sell before.
Read post 4.

I have decided to either go back to Carphonewarehouse or get it from Argos - both the same price, £80 and on the network I want, 02.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads