As someone on gap year applying to unis for an LLB, what internships should I go for?

Watch
lastlament
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, so I'm on a gap year and I've been spending the last two months at this sport's management firm that also runs an online magazine and it's about time for me to leave. It's a paid internship and I work 9-5 writing articles, organizing information, designing logos, researching, collecting info, etc etc. My boss is okay with me staying longer [he actually meant to hire an employee for my job but I do it well enough he didn't have to].

My question is whether I should stay or try to find some other internship to work at?

What do LLB programs look for in terms of experience this way?

I was head of the debate team at my old school, worked as a teacher's assistant there too for 5 hours every week, worked as a receptionist + misc research for a wedding clothes place, and I participated in a three week program run by an NGO that helped kids in schools and orphanages.

Are my experiences good and diverse enough that I should continue? Or is there something unis want out of people applying for LLBs that I should focus on instead? Thanks!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lastlament)
Hey, so I'm on a gap year and I've been spending the last two months at this sport's management firm that also runs an online magazine and it's about time for me to leave. It's a paid internship and I work 9-5 writing articles, organizing information, designing logos, researching, collecting info, etc etc. My boss is okay with me staying longer [he actually meant to hire an employee for my job but I do it well enough he didn't have to].

My question is whether I should stay or try to find some other internship to work at?

What do LLB programs look for in terms of experience this way?

I was head of the debate team at my old school, worked as a teacher's assistant there too for 5 hours every week, worked as a receptionist + misc research for a wedding clothes place, and I participated in a three week program run by an NGO that helped kids in schools and orphanages.

Are my experiences good and diverse enough that I should continue? Or is there something unis want out of people applying for LLBs that I should focus on instead? Thanks!
You don’t need Law work experience to get onto a Law degree so since you already have a paid internship that is teaching you useful skills, I would stick where you are. Have you decided which Unis you want to apply to yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads