Which psychology A-level textbook is better to make notes and learn from? Watch

illicitfinesse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

I would like to know which psychology textbook is better for A-level but my teachers are telling me different things. My teacher last year used these:

AQA Psychology for A Level Book 1 - Jean Marc Lawton
AQA Psychology for A Level Book 2 - Jean Marc Lawton

My new current teacher recommends these:

AQA Psychology for A Level Year 1 & AS - Student Book - Cara Flanagan
AQA Psychology for A Level Year 2 - Student Book - Cara Flanagan

They are slightly different. The first two are a bit more wordy, but I think they follow the specification a bit better so I'm not really sure. Which ones do you recommend? Or is it better just to get revision guides instead?
alibunny18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, i do A2 psychology atm with aqa i have the Cara Flanagan books for both years and he revision guide she provides too.honestly the revision guides she provides are so worth it, got me an A in AS barely use the massive textbook she makes, but with my school it was compulsory to buy it
Ashwinee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m doing psychology a-level too and use the Cara Flanagan books in lesson. It’s great for revision and has questions on each page and the online version has quizzes to test yourself with.
Aaisha8908
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For subjects like sociology and psychology I think textbooks are better as your extra marks come from the more wordy explanation. A revision guide will tell you the necessary stuff however you will have to expand on it yourself, so a textbook helps build a stronger explanation. However they are both good options , revision guides suit some people more than others. As for the books I’m not sure but I would say stick to the more wordy one and the one which follows the spec more accurately. Try finding one that is endorsed by the exam board
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (368)
44.39%
No (87)
10.49%
I'm not old enough (374)
45.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed