The Student Room Group

Can I change to another uni after year 1 and start at year 2?

Hi,
I'm feeling like I may have made a mistake in choosing the university I chose.
Is it possible for me to do years 2 and 3 elsewhere ?
If yes then how do I do this?
Original post by goodbyemarbles
Hi,
I'm feeling like I may have made a mistake in choosing the university I chose.
Is it possible for me to do years 2 and 3 elsewhere ?
If yes then how do I do this?

Hello,

Yes it is possible you would need to make sure that the course matching up with yours most likely so that the university will be happy for you to join into the second year. You can always contact your preferred university and see if they would be happy to take you into the second year as it can also depend on the course.

If you would like to transfer then you can apply through UCAS now indicating second year study entry point.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck to you :biggrin:

Patrick :lep:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello,

Yes it is possible you would need to make sure that the course matching up with yours most likely so that the university will be happy for you to join into the second year. You can always contact your preferred university and see if they would be happy to take you into the second year as it can also depend on the course.

If you would like to transfer then you can apply through UCAS now indicating second year study entry point.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck to you :biggrin:

Yes extremely helpful Thank you. It's social work so I would have thought the unis can't be that different.
I can always apply or contact them I guess but good to know it's possible.
Yes extremely helpful Thank you. It's social work so I would have thought the unis can't be that different.
I can always apply or contact them I guess but good to know it's possible.

Hi there,

If it is social work I would imagine you would need to restart due to placements etc.

Be sure to contact universities early though so you can find out.

Best of luck!

Usually not, people transferring usually have to restart their degree.
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there,

If it is social work I would imagine you would need to restart due to placements etc.

Be sure to contact universities early though so you can find out.

Best of luck!

There's no placement for year 1 x
There's no placement for year 1 x

In that case it would be best to double check with the university you are looking to transfer to as they might have a placement involved in their first year that students most complete, therefore making a 2nd year transfer impossible.

However if your course did not have a placement year I am sure there will be other universities that are similar. :biggrin:

Tom :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending