Feel like I'm breaking down Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I've been out of work for 5 months and this period has been the most difficult period of my life. Tbh I didn't start landing interviews until I was out of work for 6 weeks. I feel completed empty, stress, my heart beat is racing and to top everything I've lost a lot of weight. I've managed to secure two seasonal job interviews and although I have 2 years analyst/project experience, I landed another job interview for internship role that is based in 1.5hr way from where I live and in addition I would need another job just to fully cover rent and my bills. I completed another interview yesterday and first the time was asked about my gap I told the truth and they seem okay with it. I'm now waiting to hear back from 2 interviews and both roles are related to my experience and they are both permanent. I'm worried as I've sign on for universal credit and landlord is starting to suspect that I'm out of work this might become an issue. I really don't have anyone to vent to (I have an uncle and his that live close by but they are distant).

I'm grateful that everyday this week I've either been invited to an interview or I've completed an interview. I just feel drain now when I'm applying and even when I ask for feedback after past interviews it more on the positive side so I don't know on what areas I can improve on. I'm so tired of crying and spending money to go to interviews when I have no support system.
grKiro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel you..... please think positive.... you’re trying your best.....things gonna get better.....you’re in my prayers 🙂
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by grKiro)
I feel you..... please think positive.... you’re trying your best.....things gonna get better.....you’re in my prayers 🙂
Thank you. I feel like everyday I have to take a deep breathe and trying to stay positive. One of the seasonal assessment went well today. But I just want to move on.
dp781
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
After reading this I really get the feeling you’re much more skilled than you think you are and have a lot more potential than you think you do. I always say to everyone that meditation is brilliant! It’s currently helping me through stress and anxiety, so it will surely help anyone out there including yourself. Think positively like “grKIro” just said and keep moving! You’ll land something very shortly!
dp781
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And if you keep getting interviews often it means you’re an attractive candidate for employers
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dp781)
After reading this I really get the feeling you’re much more skilled than you think you are and have a lot more potential than you think you do. I always say to everyone that meditation is brilliant! It’s currently helping me through stress and anxiety, so it will surely help anyone out there including yourself. Think positively like “grKIro” just said and keep moving! You’ll land something very shortly!
Not to sound over confident but I really do have a good skills set I have top investment companies on my CV and I've been out of work for so long I feel like I have revert back to retail jobs. I'm literally using my college CV just to get a job for the time. I signed on and even my careers advisor was saying to me that she knows that she won't have any issue with me. This week I got four interviews two for retail jobs and two for analyst/project roles, but only one role can help to pay my bills. I went to see my gp and he saying that I need to stop stressing because I'm too young to have these health problems. I think because I'm working so hard that it hurt just typing and thinking about it. I'm grained and I can feel it, but I just don't what actions I need to take because I'm doing absolutely everything.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was rejected by one of the interview. It was the one I thought I did well in. I'm not sure where I go wrong and tbh I feel a bit devastated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (33)
18.03%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.65%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.09%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.64%
No unconditional offers (131)
71.58%

Watched Threads