Insecurity Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Is there any way of getting rid of insecurity, or at least keeping it at a minimum?

I feel really, really insecure when I go out, I mean, it's gotten to a really wierd point. It's at the stage where I won't go on facebook because I hate how I look. :/ I can see the obvious differences between me and others, and it pisses me off.

I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting, but I just feel far too inadequate to even ask this girl out at school. Bah.

Any advice would be really, really great.
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
right. when i was like this i got sick of it and knew i had to stop it.
i used to wear big jumpers but i MADE myself wear tshirts in public that showed i had an ass, showed my arms. i got my hair cut shorter so i couldnt hide behind it. things like that.
that was the only way i got over it. i hated it while i was doing it but knew i had to to be happier and healthier.

as a boy, apply that to your situation i suppose!

and remember, you're the only one thinking about yourself in such ways.
yosrush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How bad do you look? Like, are you a head turner for your outstanding uglyness? If not you are probably over-reacting, just try to be more confident in what you do, that's all the advise I can give.
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know how you feel to be honest.
My friends are all gorgeous, like honestly some of them look like models!
I know I'm not ugly, I get my fair share of compliments etc but idk, I think I just want to be like perfect or outstandingly beautiful. I think you just need to remember that no, you're not ugly and you should also think too: You wouldn't ever go up to someone and insult them like you do to yourself ( or at least i hope nt) so why do it to yourself?
You're obviously lacking confidence. I've heard about this book:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-Conf.../dp/0593055357I'm not sure if it works though, I've never listened to the cd or read the book but the reviews look impressive.
Chin up!
Anonymous #1
Urgh, I've never had a compliment or whatever. It's just I feel so damn inadequate, and it's really gotten to the stage where I can't look myself in the mirror.
Anonymous #1
Actually, that's not entirely true... when my hair's wet, and when I feel considerably perky I do think I look alright after the shower, but it's like, I put my clothes on, and there it goes again. *sigh*
MakingMoves
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Urgh, I've never had a compliment or whatever. It's just I feel so damn inadequate, and it's really gotten to the stage where I can't look myself in the mirror.
Never had a compliment? OMG a compliment VIRGIN. Can I be your first???

Your insecurity's kinda cute.

Yay for me. Yay for you.
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Actually, that's not entirely true... when my hair's wet, and when I feel considerably perky I do think I look alright after the shower, but it's like, I put my clothes on, and there it goes again. *sigh*
...so it's like an anti-version of how to look good naked?

Suggestion: birthday suit

But in all seriousness, maybe if you think it all goes downhill when you get dressed you should go shopping, take a friend with you and go to sexy places like Burton and Topman
Anonymous #1
I think the last time I got new clothes was last year... and actually, I did feel quite good when I got 'em. But then the whole feeling just sank back in afterwards.
magic_unicorn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take a friend you think has good clothing style and go shopping and tell them your in serious need of style and see how that goes, or if anything else: Look out for other peoples style: hair, clothing of people, famous or real, which that you admire, figure out why and try to find clothes in that sort of style for you... but make sure you kow what might suit you first and don't copy exact. (Or maybe thats just something I do?)
tidbits
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you know...even if you weren't as handsome as some of those butheads out there, so what, just make up for it with your personality and confidence because thats something you can do, just remember your strenghts...and stop being shallow, as if it really mattered

it only matters because you make it matter
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
I am more insecure with friends rather than the way I look. I keep thinking that each time they go out without me they are talking bad things about me. It's silly, but it happened after one of them really annoyed me and I told her all the things she had done that hurt me in the past. Silly I know, but I had bottled it all up and decided not to say anything [ coz you're supposed to look out for the best in your friends right?] well when she really pushed my buttons I told her everything. She never spoke to me after that.... So now I am insecure with all my relationships, it's hard to be myself because I think they'll just desert me and leave me...Sorry OP didn't mean to steal your thread but if anyone can give some advice to me that would be nice
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
love the skin you are in, you can't change who you are
U_Avin_A_Laff
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
are you the elephant man?

oh wait i found you
http://www.channel4.com/video/images...01_001_001.jpg
NotQuiteCornish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're feeling insecure you tend to show it, too. Then people notice and give you a wider berth. Thus, a nasty little cycle kicks off.

Just make sure you always do what you feel like doing, on your terms. The rest will fall into place!

Don't give two *****s about what anyone else you've never met might think - it's your life, your time to enjoy in your way!
Eternity Forever
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by U_Avin_A_Laff)

oh wait i found you

That is not funny. :rolleyes: This individual did not choose to be like that so no need to make a joke out of it!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by U_Avin_A_Laff)

oh wait i found you
In a really pathetic, sad and quite egotistical way, that made me feel better... and worse, at the same time.

It's as though whilst becoming less insecure, I'm becoming more and more brutal and insensitive.

Great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads