Nightlife and social atmosphere of royal holloway Watch

Chloe789123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m considering putting down royal Holloway but I’m not sure if there is a decent student life there. The town it’s in seems to be dead and I believe nightlife Is a big factor.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chloe789123)
I’m considering putting down royal Holloway but I’m not sure if there is a decent student life there. The town it’s in seems to be dead and I believe nightlife Is a big factor.
Hi there :wavey:
Your thread has just been popped into Royal Holloway, University of London :yep:

Royal Holloway, University of London should be able to help answer your question! :bump:
Best of luck,
Cheese
avocado6969
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've made a response on a similar thread, maybe that might provide some useful information for you!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6191128

If you have any further questions or want a bit more detail, feel free to pm me!
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Chloe789123,

Thanks for considering us!

Our Student's Union provides events on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings at both our on campus bar Medicine and at the Student's Union itself. Often first year students who live in halls will either meet at one of our on campus bars or in one of their accommodation blocks. There's our Student's Union pub The Packhorse that hosts Indie nights and live sport events. Throughout the week there are student run events in other areas on campus such as our Crosslands bar, with karaoke or stand up nights.

We have several pubs in the surrounding area that offer open mic nights and pub quizzes and several lovely restaurants/bars on Egham high street. Slightly further a field, a 20 minute taxi or train can take you to Windsor, where there are bars and clubs available for nights out. You can also take organised coaches from campus into London to places like Ministry of Sound, or make your own way in to London for any events throughout the year like Winter Wonderland.

If you get involved with Societies or Sports there is a formal ball held every year to celebrate the achievements of that academic year. Each year the Student's Union also hosts a Freshers ball at the end of Welcome Week and a Summer ball to celebrate the end of term.

As a former student at Royal Holloway, I really enjoyed my social life at the university, I was really involved in the Ballroom and Latin dance society and was on their committee for five years. There were always more activities offered than I had time to do, through out the day as well as events in the evening. The Student's Union is very good at hosted a variety of events, you can find what they're hosting this term on their website here.

Hope this helps and good luck with your applications!

Philippa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.18%
Labour (443)
42.47%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.37%
Green Party (54)
5.18%
Brexit Party (28)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)