The Student Room Group

Probability Help! Need help with a maths question

2. Suppose that each day I either catch the bus to work or drive my car to work. Suppose that the probability I catch the bus on any particular only depends on the mode of transport I used on the previous day, and is 0.7 if I caught the bus on the previous day and 0.25 if I drove my car to work.(a) What is the probability I drive my car to work tomorrow given that I caught the bus today?(b) What is the probability I catch the bus to work?(c) What is the probability I caught the bus yesterday given that I caught the bus today?(d) What is the probability I catch the bus on Wednesday given that I drove by car to work on Monday?
(edited 4 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Rybon01
2. Suppose that each day I either catch the bus to work or drive my car to work. Suppose that the probability I catch the bus on any particular only depends on the mode of transport I used on the previous day, and is 0.7 if I caught the bus on the previous day and 0.25 if I drove my car to work.(a) What is the probability I drive my car to work tomorrow given that I caught the bus today?(b) What is the probability I catch the bus to work?(c) What is the probability I caught the bus yesterday given that I caught the bus today?(d) What is the probability I catch the bus on Wednesday given that I drove by car to work on Monday?

Have a go at these yourself and post your attempt if you get stuck and need further help.

Quick Reply

Latest