Tipx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What kinda things are people putting for each section of the form? Can I just say the same things I said in my personal statement?

What kinda format are people writing in in too, the same way as the PS?
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tipx)
What kinda things are people putting for each section of the form? Can I just say the same things I said in my personal statement?

Is this medicine? I’m pretty sure if it is lifeofamedic said that you need to be more detailed than a ps for style of it as otherwise they would just look at the ps which they don’t predominantly- I think the content would be similar although you get more space so can expand a bit more and the headings may lend themselves more to talking about particular things some of which you may not have fitted in the ps
Tipx
Rep:
?
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Is this medicine? I’m pretty sure if it is lifeofamedic said that you need to be more detailed than a ps for style of it as otherwise they would just look at the ps which they don’t predominantly- I think the content would be similar although you get more space so can expand a bit more and the headings may lend themselves more to talking about particular things some of which you may not have fitted in the ps
For dentistry we have to talk about our work experience, I don't know whether it's meant to be a description or an explanation of what I got out of it like in my PS
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tipx)
For dentistry we have to talk about our work experience, I don't know whether it's meant to be a description or an explanation of what I got out of it like in my PS
As I alluded then I would imagine you would want to be reflective and thus go into more depth reflection than ps but perhaps you would also have more descriptive room too
lifeofamedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
(Original post by Tipx)

Yes, that's correct. The form for dentistry and Medicine is the same, the only difference is in the first section where you are asked about "dental work experience" whereas we are asked about "caring experience".

Use the experiences from your PS, but do not copy the phrases from it. There's more info about what to include in each section here: https://lifeofamedic.com/2018/10/27/...m-tips-advice/
Tipx
Rep:
?
(Original post by lifeofamedic)
Yes, that's correct. The form for dentistry and Medicine is the same, the only difference is in the first section where you are asked about "dental work experience" whereas we are asked about "caring experience".

Use the experiences from your PS, but do not copy the phrases from it. There's more info about what to include in each section here: https://lifeofamedic.com/2018/10/27/...m-tips-advice/
Alright, thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (106)
28.34%
No - I have already returned home (49)
13.1%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.98%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (38)
10.16%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.41%

Watched Threads