TSR Poll of Polls: Who are you voting for in the General Election? Watch

Poll: Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?
Conservatives (215)
18.39%
Labour (443)
37.9%
Liberal Democrats (227)
19.42%
Green Party (88)
7.53%
Brexit Party (40)
3.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.34%
SNP (13)
1.11%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.26%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (4)
0.34%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.6%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.26%
UKIP (9)
0.77%
Other (9)
0.77%
None (103)
8.81%
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thatguyZero)
Yup this thread will get toxic soon
Indeed. Something that frustrates me is when people say who they are going to vote for as is their democratic right and other people try to sway them as if people are incapable of researching themselves and making an informed decision. Quite insulting really
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Almost certainly Lib Dem. Very hard to tell who'll win in my constituency though. This time 5 years ago it was still held by the Lid Dems with a fairly healthy lead over the second place SNP; the Tories were fourth. Then, in 2015, the SNP tsunami arrived as it did in virtually every other seat in Scotland, putting the Lib Dems in a distant second. Come 2017, it switched to Tory, with the Lib Dems falling behind even Labour.
moso2203
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I cannot vote yet, but I will hopefully be campaigning for Labour. My constituency has one of the highest Labour vote shares/majorities anyway and our MP is very good. After a decade of Tory austerity cuts on ordinary people, we need a Labour government to invest in our public services after being decimated under the Tories; 20k police officers cut, GP numbers falling, school cuts, council cuts, crime rising, waiting times increasing, etc, it's the ordinary people who have suffered the most, not the richest in the country who live prosperously while avoiding their taxes. We need real change and only Labour can provide it.
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Labour!

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t 100% support Labour but they’re the best solution for me. Don’t support Brexit, but I don’t think 16 year olds should be able to vote. That’s quite literally insane.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Not sure, I vote for myself and also cast my best friend's proxy vote while she is abroad.
I'm a floating voter and I'll probably vote tactically.
My best friend says she will either vote for the Conservatives or the Brexit Party.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JMR2019.)
Wow. Remember this is not about Brexit only. It’s about whoever runs the country for the next five years.
That is indeed very true, but for many this election is going to be very much focused on people's desire of Brexit should be handled from December onwards.

If Brexit wasn't such a massive, very present, elephant in the room, then I wouldn't be considering the Tories an option.
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Indeed. Something that frustrates me is when people say who they are going to vote for as is their democratic right and other people try to sway them as if people are incapable of researching themselves and making an informed decision. Quite insulting really
I think a bit of debate isn't too insulting.

Obviously don't be like "You're an idiot to consider X, you should vote Y instead!"

But I don't see an issue with "Oh, while it's true X has promised this and that, Y have pledged to do A, B and C, which in turn is better in the long-run for....*blah blah blah*"
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 months ago
Lib Dem.

(Original post by JMR2019.)
I will be voting for Labour! The only party committed to scrapping university tuition fess, a People’s Vote, and seriously concerned with climate change - seeking to combat it through a Green Industrial Revolution.
I am glad to see other TSR users feel the same way.
I wouldn't vote for an anti-Semitic party even if they paid me. Principles before policies. :israel:
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
Lib Dem.

I wouldn't vote for an anti-Semitic party even if they paid me. Principles before policies. :israel:
What have they promised or said that is anti semitic?
Last edited by JMR2020.; 3 months ago
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
I think a bit of debate isn't too insulting.

Obviously don't be like "You're an idiot to consider X, you should vote Y instead!"

But I don't see an issue with "Oh, while it's true X has promised this and that, Y have pledged to do A, B and C, which in turn is better in the long-run for....*blah blah blah*"
Yes definitely Unfortunately many people when discussing politics today have the inability to debate reasonably and instead use ridiculous hyperbole like Nazi or Stalin to refer to anyone who disagrees with their standpoint. Everything has become so polarised, people seem to be either extreme right or extreme left. Am just a chill person in the middle :bebored:
Mainline421
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How is this a "Poll of Polls" ?
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Local indipendant, or abstain.

Or maybe move to cornwall and vote for the Cornish independence party...

---
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well.. we have the charismatic idiot who caused the train wreck and is now trying to make a name for himself cleaning it up... or Comrade Corbyn who wishes to turn us into a Trotskyist state. I would vote Tory every time were it not for Boris.
Last edited by Vinny C; 3 months ago
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mainline421)
How is this a "Poll of Polls" ?
It isn't. A poll of polls is a statistical summary of lots of polls to try to track overall opinion. This is a regular TSR snap poll, biased by putting the Tories first on the list.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Welcome to our first poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th, 2019! We're looking to see the trends of how people are planning to vote from now until the election; we'll be putting out a new 'Poll of Polls' every Thursday,

It's been a unbelievable lead up to this election, and we want to see how close TSR votes are to the actual election results... do you think they'll be similar, or completely different? And how likely do you think it is that your party will come into power?

Let us know what you're thinking - who are you planning to vote for?
they're all crap but ok i would vote lib dems, brexit party or labour... screw UKIP and the conservatives
mrs_bellamy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I will be voting for and campaigning for Labour. I work in the NHS and see every day the damage that the Tories and coalition government have done to our public services. The NHS was created at a time when the country was in great financial difficulty, so I absolutely do not buy the argument that austerity was necessary to balance the books. It was an ideological decision to cut taxes for the richest and make everyone else pay for the damage that bankers had done to the global economy. I think the creation and expansion of the internal market has been a disaster, splitting organisations up and pitting them against one another rather than encouraging the whole system to work together for the best interests of patients and the public. I think what Corybn is offering is absolutely achievable, based on the example of the post-war Labour government. I fully support a peoples vote on Brexit as we now have far more information on what Brexit might look like. At the first referendum we were promised everything from a no deal to Norway style - now we know the deal on offer, we should get to vote on that. I would vote to Remain, as I feel it makes much more environmental sense to trade with our close neighbours, the EU has supported peace and good relationships in our continent and I hugely value the opportunities I have had from freedom of movement and want others to be able to access this. I feel Labour are also our best option on the environment. The Greens have some great policies but only 1 MP so far, and I think we are better coming together than splitting the left wing vote. In many seats I think people will have to make a tactical choice. I am lucky that in my area I have a fantastic Labour MP who I am proud to be able to vote for again, but in other areas I have lived I have considered voting tactically (if there was the opportunity to get a Tory out and the next most popular was a Lib Dem I would vote Lib Dem, although I can never fully trust them again after they went into coalition with the Tories and propped up austerity policies).
username4977980
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
That is indeed very true, but for many this election is going to be very much focused on people's desire of Brexit should be handled from December onwards.

If Brexit wasn't such a massive, very present, elephant in the room, then I wouldn't be considering the Tories an option.
The tories have been trying to accomplish Brexit for the last 3 years. I don't imagine that voting tory will actually achieve much in terms of Brexit.
username4977980
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
Lib Dem.

This just proves the power of the media to sway people. Jeremy Corbyn is in charge of a party which makes equality a priority and has attended passover in the past. Somehow he is still branded anti-Semitic.Extremely odd.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
It isn't. A poll of polls is a statistical summary of lots of polls to try to track overall opinion. This is a regular TSR snap poll, biased by putting the Tories first on the list.
Oh come on now.
username4977980
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
I don't have a vote (as a 16 year old), but if I could vote I would definitely vote for Liberal Democrats, the only party who are actually committed to stopping Brexit, who will give 16-17 year old's the vote we deserve, who will actually improve the British economy, and reform the outdated system of government currently in place, and who will protect our rights. Go Liberal Democrats!
Hmmm people have short memories. I seem to recall the lib dems voting to triple tuition fees for students. They sold out to the tories so they could have a shot at power. I wouldn't put too much faith in them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%
No- I want it (172)
28.1%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.19%

Watched Threads