TSR Poll of Polls: Who are you voting for in the General Election? Watch

Poll: Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?
Conservatives (215)
18.39%
Labour (443)
37.9%
Liberal Democrats (227)
19.42%
Green Party (88)
7.53%
Brexit Party (40)
3.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.34%
SNP (13)
1.11%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.26%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (4)
0.34%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.6%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.26%
UKIP (9)
0.77%
Other (9)
0.77%
None (103)
8.81%
MMFM411
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
As much as I want to vote Labour, the Lib Dems in my area have a much higher chance of getting rid of the current Tory MP (who is utterly useless), so will be voting for them.
MMFM411
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tribulogic)
The conservative party of course. I am not a racist, anti-Semitic, uneducated, rich envious witch to be voting for Labour.
Actually, statistically speaking, those with GCSE education or lower are much more likely to vote Conservative and those with degree education or higher are most likely to vote Labour - so your point about Labour voters being uneducated doesn't really work...

Also, Labour are not 'rich envious'... They recognise that some people in society have an unfair advantage compared to others, and consequently want to provide the opportunities they currently have limited access to (i.e access to higher education, a completely nationalised NHS, etc...). You only have to be human or have even the slightest bit of compassion for those who are disadvantaged to realise that policies such as free healthcare and abolition of tuition fees are worthwhile, fundamentally good ideas.
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Meowgi256)
If I were to vote, I would want to vote Brexit Party but would vote Conservative to keep Corbyn out
Good logic there

Brexit Party will definitely get a good Brexit deal, and actually perform Brexit (which is what the UK voted for in the EU referendum).
Voting Conservative would keep out Corbyn (I don't like him) and Labor's promise of a second referendum, with "remain" as an option (just why - we voted to leave, so you need to stick to that result - otherwise, what is the point of referendums?).
Liberal Democrats really should be avoided at all costs. They will revoke Article 50 - i.e. won't give a damn about what the UK actually wanted.

I'd never vote Green though - voting Green would result in all forms of energy generation (e.g. fuel, electricity, gas, train fares, petrol etc etc) skyrocketing massively.

IMO, Brexit Party > Conservatives > Labor > Liberals > Anyone else (including not voting at all) >> Green.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by spotify95)
Good logic there

Brexit Party will definitely get a good Brexit deal, and actually perform Brexit (which is what the UK voted for in the EU referendum).
Voting Conservative would keep out Corbyn (I don't like him) and Labor's promise of a second referendum, with "remain" as an option (just why - we voted to leave, so you need to stick to that result - otherwise, what is the point of referendums?).
Liberal Democrats really should be avoided at all costs. They will revoke Article 50 - i.e. won't give a damn about what the UK actually wanted.

I'd never vote Green though - voting Green would result in all forms of energy generation (e.g. fuel, electricity, gas, train fares, petrol etc etc) skyrocketing massively.

IMO, Brexit Party > Conservatives > Labor > Liberals > Anyone else (including not voting at all) >> Green.
The Brexit Party does not want a deal with the EU. Nigel Farage is very clear that he wants no deal.

Democracy is an ongoing process, if a majority of people vote for remain parties then we should remain.
SlasherHacks13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I can’t vote—I’m literally in Asia.
tahreemf_4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I respect all parties but stand by Labour- the one party (in my opinion) which is actually worrying about the country and not just their salaries. Would have voted for Conservative but Britain's just a mess right now
Suchomimus
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Imagine voting Plaid Cymru or Green party.
I would (vote Green that is).
DragonsOfAsshai
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Voting conservative because labour are confused and who wants Corbyn as PM, Lib Dems would reverse the referendum result with no referendum
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
How did they get that wealth if they didn't earn it?
Inheritance? Theft? Luck?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Inheritance? Theft? Luck?
Only a quarter of billionaires are inherited (and falling).
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This will be my first vote as I just got my voting rights (yay!).
For me its either Labour or the Brexit Party, I have lost faith in the conservatives on dealing with Brexit and seriously hate them for privatising every damn industry in this country.
For the Brexit Party, there won't be many candidates standing so most likely I will vote for Labour.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I'd like to see the statistics that you base that on. Many billionaires may not be the children of billionaires per se, but they very often nonetheless come from privileged backgrounds.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'd like to see the statistics that you base that on. Many billionaires may not be the children of billionaires per se, but they very often nonetheless come from privileged backgrounds.
Another reason for not voting Conservatives, many of them are elitist or come from elitist backgrounds
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/15/billi...omes-10747615/

The Duke of Westminster has failed in his attempt to kick out families, including disabled children, from their council flats to make way for luxury housing.

*cries in rich*
username4977980
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Isn't it people's right to do what they want with their money, regardless of how they earned it*.
* in a legal way, obviously.
The point is that they didn't earn it. Nobody on earth is worth billions of pounds. They didn't aquire a hundred billion pounds through sheer labour with their own hands. They're simply a product of an economic system and successive governments that enables them to aquire unlimited wealth whilst the rest of the world can go starve. And that's one of the fundamental flaws of capitalism.You have certain rights yes but not at the expense of others.

Another flaw is that it relies on unending growth of the economy which won't work because sooner or later you run out of resources and the system collapses.
username4977980
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Interest as well. What's 1% of a billion? At some point your money grows itself without any active effort on your part.And that's down to our economic system. Also tax avoidance.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)

The Duke of Westminster has failed in his attempt to kick out families, including disabled children, from their council flats to make way for luxury housing.

*cries in rich*
Oh it's just like Downton Abbey!
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh it's just like Downton Abbey!
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)

*cries in rich*
I'm sorry this is totally misleading.

The residents launched a petition to keep the building. That has got nowhere as it never would since the building is clearly under-occupying this central London prime location.

The tenants were always going to have to be relocated during the construction work and they still will.

The new building, like all new developments, will have to contain a proportion of affordable housing.

What isn't clear to me is whether the Grosvenor Estate or Westminster LBC has made a concession that the ex-tenants will have first dibs on the new affordable housing or whether that was always in the cards and the agitprops acting for the tenants having failed are trying to turn what was always going to happen into a victory.
bubblecat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m voting for whoever has the most chance of beating the conservatives in my constituency.
Quiet Benin
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Labour, despite it is led by an ineffective and alleged anti Semite Jeremy Corbyn. WE NEED TO LOOK AT POLICIES NOT PERSONALITY.

I love Boris Johnson, I loved him being London Mayor even though i'm a Leftist Centrist. But I will not like a prime minister who is racist, acting like Trump 2.0 and generally being trash. Corbyn would be the right man for Britain for a real shake up. I don't agree with a second referendum but i ****ing agree with free bus travel for under 25 and the abolishment of student debt so if that it on offer, even though i know it's crazy, then i'm sold.

And no. Don't ****ing vote Lib dems, those ****ing one nation tories 2.0
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads