The Student Room Group

Becoming a Paramedic

I left College with a PPP In IT - extended diploma. (purely because I had no idea what I wanted in life)
Since leaving I have done several jobs but currently volunteer alongside St John Ambulance, And I am looking into becoming a paramedic However being out of education for some time. I am wondering what route I should be going down, Do I need to go back to College and do A Level Science or is there a foundation course at uni I can take to progress onto the Paramedic course as I assume looking at the requirement I can not enter this directly.
Original post by michaeljcl
I left College with a PPP In IT - extended diploma. (purely because I had no idea what I wanted in life)
Since leaving I have done several jobs but currently volunteer alongside St John Ambulance, And I am looking into becoming a paramedic However being out of education for some time. I am wondering what route I should be going down, Do I need to go back to College and do A Level Science or is there a foundation course at uni I can take to progress onto the Paramedic course as I assume looking at the requirement I can not enter this directly.

You will need to least 4-5 GCSE’s at C or above including eng and maths. You can do an access course at college and the apply to uni do the 3 year paramedic science course. Best to look at the unis you are interested in applying to, to see their entry criteria

Quick Reply

Latest