Venus or Serena? Watch

Poll: Who do you prefer- Venus or Serena?
Venus (18)
54.55%
Serena (15)
45.45%
pollystyrene07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Who do you prefer? personally, i'm hoping venus will win today, just comes across as nicer overall.
zippz
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I dont really watch tennis but ive heard of them both before!

can you post pictures of them for it to remind me of whos who
pollystyrene07
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Venus is the 1 on the left
Attached files
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go Venus!
thebestusernameever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Venus right about now.
thebestusernameever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Malinski)
Well it no longer matters, since Venus one!
Won.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Venus won but i think both are bad for womens tennis.

They are great players and well done to them but all those muscles etc is just not very womanly...Henin was a top player. I just think womens tennis is a little more graceful not all this power...i mean Serena and Nadals biceps are the same size! :eek:

But it was a great final.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I prefer Serena but Venus deserved that win she played really good and it will be good to see them teamed up together tonight in the Womens Doubles Final they better own.

Well done to Venus though
Cerulean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 46664)

They are great players and well done to them but all those muscles etc is just not very womanly...Henin was a top player. I just think womens tennis is a little more graceful not all this power...i mean Serena and Nadals biceps are the same size! :eek:

Huh?
Svenssen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who cares
hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
Huh?
I get him. Them being so 'manly' with biceps, does make the sport less appealing for young girls... making it seem boyish...
Miss Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Venus, I'm not sure why but I always have! Glad she won
Cerulean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hazzypants)
I get him. Them being so 'manly' with biceps, does make the sport less appealing for young girls... making it seem boyish...
How is it bad for the sport, though? They've set records together - surely that's of greater importance than their figures?
Emily-STFC
Report 10 years ago
Venus, I don't really know why. I'm glad she won.
Blue Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 46664)

Judge the players by their ability and not their physical appearance.
I'm sure she didn't purposely try to build muscle but as a result of intense practise or something it just developed.
Cerulean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Blue Rose)
I'm sure she didn't purposefully try to build muscle but as a result of intense practise or something it just developed.

Exactly. It's not a beauty pageant on the lawn.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Blue Rose)
I'm sure she didn't purposely try to build muscle but as a result of intense practise or something it just developed.
I never mentioned there physical appearance in any part of my post. They have brought so much power to the game that ability is only part of it, Henin/Clijsters they had plenty of ability without the power and thats how they competed. Hingis is the same...Venus ans Serena have taken womens tennis to a new level where power and shrieking is needed.....Sharapova, Ivanovic...these new breeds of tennis rely heavily on power.

You merely assumed thats what i thought. Womens tennis was never about power and muscle.....when they burst onto the scene in the late 90's it made up an coming women players want to and need to bulk up a little more....something which i don't like.

Her muscle build is not on purpose? :eek: Ofcourse it is, athletes are well aware how much muscle tone they need to build, there bosy fat, food they eat etc so to say it just happened is lame, just lame.
Blue Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 46664)
I never mentioned there physical appearance in any part of my post. They have brought so much power to the game that ability is only part of it, Henin/Clijsters they had plenty of ability without the power and thats how they competed. Hingis is the same...Venus ans Serena have taken womens tennis to a new level where power and shrieking is needed.....Sharapova, Ivanovic...these new breeds of tennis rely heavily on power.

You merely assumed thats what i thought. Womens tennis was never about power and muscle.....when they burst onto the scene in the late 90's it made up an coming women players want to and need to bulk up a little more....something which i don't like.

Her muscle build is not on purpose? :eek: Ofcourse it is, athletes are well aware how much muscle tone they need to build, there bosy fat, food they eat etc so to say it just happened is lame, just lame.
(Original post by 46664)
all those muscles etc is just not very womanly... I just think womens tennis is a little more graceful not all this power...i mean Serena and Nadals biceps are the same size!
Talking about someone not looking feminine and that person's muscles is talking about and judging their appearance.
Cerulean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 46664)

What makes you the authority on what the female tennis game is about? How do you know that it is not evolving or otherwise?
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Serena was moody moody after!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed