The Student Room Group

Ex views my story in record time

Am I reading in to this, my ex left me after three years recently and has started a new relationship. I handled it really maturely. He views my snap stories latest 5 minutes after I’ve posted and sometimes within seconds which has lead me to believe he has my notifications on?

I don’t really care but is it just curiosity of seeing what I’m up to or could he be missing me?
Reply 1
Probably just curiosity, don't think too deeply about it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Am I reading in to this, my ex left me after three years recently and has started a new relationship. I handled it really maturely. He views my snap stories latest 5 minutes after I’ve posted and sometimes within seconds which has lead me to believe he has my notifications on?

I don’t really care but is it just curiosity of seeing what I’m up to or could he be missing me?

I don't believe you're reading into it... and here's why.

People don't do things that they don't want to do. So, if he's lookin at your stories on social media, there's something fueling the desire to do so.

He broke up with you? So... Perhaps he does miss you. Maybe he's realized he isn't happy with the current relationship he is in and wants you back. Or maybe he's just nosy and wants to see what you're up to, whether or not you've moved on. He could be looking at your story to see if your life has improved since he left you, or if it's remained stagnant.

I've found people do things for odd reasons. But those are all plausible. Either way, he's doing it because he wants to. But the question is; what is his intention in doing so?
Either he wants to stay in touch, he's nosy or something unpleasant.
Whichever one, you may want to restrict his access to your content and ensure that you don't follow his social media accounts.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Either he wants to stay in touch, he's nosy or something unpleasant.
Whichever one, you may want to restrict his access to your content and ensure that you don't follow his social media accounts.

I miss him but I don’t want him back so I’ve muted his story and don’t watch it, What do you think the something unpleasant could be? We’re 19 by the way
Reply 5
Original post by x_716
I don't believe you're reading into it... and here's why.

People don't do things that they don't want to do. So, if he's lookin at your stories on social media, there's something fueling the desire to do so.

He broke up with you? So... Perhaps he does miss you. Maybe he's realized he isn't happy with the current relationship he is in and wants you back. Or maybe he's just nosy and wants to see what you're up to, whether or not you've moved on. He could be looking at your story to see if your life has improved since he left you, or if it's remained stagnant.

I've found people do things for odd reasons. But those are all plausible. Either way, he's doing it because he wants to. But the question is; what is his intention in doing so?

That’s the thing, that’s all he can do is look and miss me because I told him I’ll never take him back after this, I don’t think he expected it so he misses me. Thank you x
Reply 6
Original post by coco0
Probably just curiosity, don't think too deeply about it

Yeah true, he’s tried to reach out a few times so I think he wants to stay friends but I can’t do that rn.
He definitely didn’t treat you very well at the end. I don’t have Snapchat, so I’m not sure how it works. Can you block him? I would block him from everything to be honest. He wants to be friends after he probably cheated on you? Get lost.
What do you think the something unpleasant could be? We’re 19 by the way

My ex stalks me, five years after I walked out on him and still refers to me as his girlfriend.
Hopefully your ex is just nosy.
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV
He definitely didn’t treat you very well at the end. I don’t have Snapchat, so I’m not sure how it works. Can you block him? I would block him from everything to be honest. He wants to be friends after he probably cheated on you? Get lost.

He didn't treat me very well at the end and it felt like a betrayal of my trust and how much I'd loved him, he denied that he had someone and even though they didn't actually go out until we broke up he cheated emotionally I guess. I see her at my Uni and she stares at me too. Don't know what he's told her. Yeah exactly I might just block him as it gets me thinking and I want to just forget it now.
Original post by londonmyst
My ex stalks me, five years after I walked out on him and still refers to me as his girlfriend.
Hopefully your ex is just nosy.

Oh so sorry about that, that must be so hard to live with. I can see why you wouldn't want others to go through that :frown:
He didn't treat me very well at the end and it felt like a betrayal of my trust and how much I'd loved him, he denied that he had someone and even though they didn't actually go out until we broke up he cheated emotionally I guess. I see her at my Uni and she stares at me too. Don't know what he's told her. Yeah exactly I might just block him as it gets me thinking and I want to just forget it now.

If they started to see each other directly after you split up, then there’s a good chance that he was cheating on you while you were together. He was emotionally cheating anyway as you said. Never let anyone treat you like that. It would be easy to obsess, but he’s done you a favour. Find someone better and forget about him. Let her stare because he’ll probably do exactly the same thing to her.
Original post by YaliaV
If they started to see each other directly after you split up, then there’s a good chance that he was cheating on you while you were together. He was emotionally cheating anyway as you said. Never let anyone treat you like that. It would be easy to obsess, but he’s done you a favour. Find someone better and forget about him. Let her stare because he’ll probably do exactly the same thing to her.

Yup, I mean the fact that he is hanging on to my every snap story doesn't bode well for her either. Seems he wont change and you're right he jumped right in with her when I was still hurting, so I'm half way over him now and determined to never take him back. Thanks for the advice xx
He probably just hasn’t got a life and is active on social media all the time, hence he sees your story quickly
Original post by Marcus...
He probably just hasn’t got a life and is active on social media all the time, hence he sees your story quickly

He's doing four a levels, has a girlfriend, does rugby, football and is on courses most weekend also a lot of friends he kinda does have a life I guess but yeah it's probable that he just watches everyone's story and flips through mine - I thought that if he noticed I don't watch any of his stories, like any of his posts, etc he'd mute me too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending