username4097242
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So soon I will be applying to universities and at first I was planning to only apply to universities that are in England because for some reason I thought that studying and working in Scotland won't be as appealing as it would be in England but now idk. Some people have told me that it's better to study in Scotland, that the vibe and other things in general can be as good as it is perhaps in London etc and recently I had the opportunity to go to Edinburgh and I saw it for myself and it seemed really nice (people, place etc) however I was only there for like 2 days so 2 days cannot be compared to 3/4 years that I would spend in university so if anyone has pros and cons to study both in England or Scotland I would be grateful !
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vickkyyx)
So soon I will be applying to universities and at first I was planning to only apply to universities that are in England because for some reason I thought that studying and working in Scotland won't be as appealing as it would be in England but now idk. Some people have told me that it's better to study in Scotland, that the vibe and other things in general can be as good as it is perhaps in London etc and recently I had the opportunity to go to Edinburgh and I saw it for myself and it seemed really nice (people, place etc) however I was only there for like 2 days so 2 days cannot be compared to 3/4 years that I would spend in university so if anyone has pros and cons to study both in England or Scotland I would be grateful !
Do you want to practice in England or Scotland?

You will be studying Scots Law if you decide to go to the University of Edinburgh.
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
England duh..

Scotland is unknown.
username4097242
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Do you want to practice in England or Scotland?

You will be studying Scots Law if you decide to go to the University of Edinburgh.
I wouldn’t be asking this question if I would know
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You asked if you should study in England or Scotland, not where you should practice.
Vodex_Law
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
there are Scottish unis that also teach law for Eng&NI
username4097242
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You asked if you should study in England or Scotland, not where you should practice.
But then why would I want to study in Scotland if I would then want to study in England of course so am confused and idk which one is better or practical etc
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well how do you expect us to know if you want to practice in England or Scotland?

The law of probability suggests that if you currently live in England and your only experience of Scotland has been a 2 day trip to Edinburgh, it is more likely that you will end up living and working in England; a 3 year LLB at an English uni is the most direct route to achieving this.

Unless you feel strongly that you would prefer to study or live in Scotland, which you don't.
Vodex_Law
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What’s your opinion of Dundee’s Eng/NI LLB degree?
Vodex_Law
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I chose it as my “insurance” when choosing the 5 Unis for ucas.m, since the other 4 are competitive (Oxford, Bristol, KCL and Durham). It seemed to be ranked decently high enough and had low entry requirements so I thought to myself “why not”. I’m not from the UK so I still chose a Uni which would almost definitely accept me Incase I desperately want to study there but get rejected from the other 4. Now I have an offer from Durham and waiting on the rest so it’s not a problem anymore but I was just curious what you think of it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.75%
No one else does (87)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.14%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.7%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.17%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise