MkmoU1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi
I am struggling to write to an essay.
The essay question is
'Evaluate the extent to which political parties should be funded by the state.' - 30 marks

For some reason I keep on blanking out and I don't know how to structure my paragraphs, what points I can use and how to go about finding and explain my evidence.

Pls help. It is hard out here

Thank you in advance.
itsalifiman11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For
- All political parties would have equal funds to carry out their election campaigns
- Political parties (in a way) represent the people, therefore, they should be eligible to be given funds by the state to carry out their representative functions.
- Emerging parties such as UKIP or Lib.Dem might have more funds for their election campaigns. Big parties such as Conservative and Labour have a huge number of memberships, therefore, they have more stable funding.

Against
- Political parties may misuse the funds. If they are elected as the government, they might use the fund to bribe others such as Members of House of Lords. (Open to corruption)
- Parties are not incentivized to increase their party membership because they are state dependent on the funds. The more the number of members, the more funding. But this does not happen
itsalifiman11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by itsalifiman11)
For
- All political parties would have equal funds to carry out their election campaigns
- Political parties (in a way) represent the people, therefore, they should be eligible to be given funds by the state to carry out their representative functions.
- Emerging parties such as UKIP or Lib.Dem might have more funds for their election campaigns. Big parties such as Conservative and Labour have a huge number of memberships, therefore, they have more stable funding.

Against
- Political parties may misuse the funds. If they are elected as the government, they might use the fund to bribe others such as Members of House of Lords. (Open to corruption)
- Parties are not incentivized to increase their party membership because they are state dependent on the funds. The more the number of members, the more funding. But this does not happen
Hope it helps. Not sure myself btw. ahahaha
dp781
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I feel your pain because I suck at writing essays. Just take loads of little notes when reading about the topics maybe? Then that may give you ideas to write about... hope this helps a bit. I suck at academic things like this
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by dp781)
I feel your pain because I suck at writing essays. Just take loads of little notes when reading about the topics maybe? Then that may give you ideas to write about... hope this helps a bit. I suck at academic things like this
The best way to write this essay is to initially, like with a lot of essays, change the title slightly- just to get you going. So, far example" Which political parties are actually funded by the state?" "Why or why not? " Then go back to the original essay title that the OP stated. The OP should now find it easier to structure and write the essay!
MkmoU1
Rep:
?
(Original post by itsalifiman11)
For

Against
Thank u very much
MkmoU1
Rep:
?
Thank u
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This thread is one of the reasons why i hesitate to offer help. The OP frequently cherry picks the answers he/she likes and just igmores the fact that he/she had other attempts given to help them. Whatever happened to the manners of people. Why don't you say thanks to everyone who tried to help?⚠️☢ So i know what to do- i will stop helping people on these threads with their homework/essays/coursework. Rant over!
MkmoU1
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
This thread is one of the reasons why i hesitate to offer help. The OP frequently cherry picks the answers he/she likes and just igmores the fact that he/she had other attempts given to help them. Whatever happened to the manners of people. Why don't you say thanks to everyone who tried to help?⚠️☢ So i know what to do- i will stop helping people on these threads with their homework/essays/coursework. Rant over!
I sincerely apologise for not appreciating your help and I am grateful for advice. My intention was not to make marginalised, ignored and angry. Again sorry and thank you.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MkmoU1)
I sincerely apologise for not appreciating your help and I am grateful for advice. My intention was not to make marginalised, ignored and angry. Again sorry and thank you.
your teacher should be the first person you should consult when you have difficulties with answering exam questions. this forum should always be the last resort and whoever who replies you with possible answers to your queries must always be taken with a pinch of salt.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
your teacher should be the first person you should consult when you have difficulties with answering exam questions. this forum should always be the last resort and whoever who replies you with possible answers to your queries must always be taken with a pinch of salt.
Why? sometimes the advice is excellent! And what makes you assume that all the people on these threads have not got teaching experience or better expertise than your teacher in specific areas?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?