Google Earth Query Watch

jenny0502
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi

Can somebody tell me if it's possible to adjust google earth so that it is more recent. Basically I have it, but it's showing satellite pictures that I no to be about 5 years old (buildings that are here now arent on google earth)

cheers
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've also wondered but I don't think so. I'm not sure if it's any more recent but try going onto maps.google.com and selecting the satellite option. Again I don't know if it's the same picture or not but it's worth a try! It probably is though
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Check for updates? Otherwise no, you just have to wait until Google update their own image database. It's the same with Google Maps - a lot of it is out of date.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jenny0502)
Hi

Can somebody tell me if it's possible to adjust google earth so that it is more recent. Basically I have it, but it's showing satellite pictures that I no to be about 5 years old (buildings that are here now arent on google earth)

cheers
Check the exact same location on google maps. It may be that your Google Earth cache is old, or that new satellite photos are not available.

Remember, at high resolutions (where you can see cars), images are taken by a plane with a camera. This costs more than a simple satellite image.

Google Earth is not a real time software, neither is it updated every day.
nadnerb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try http://maps.live.com
It depends on the area but sometimes it has better, newer images than Google, plus it also has a really cool oblique view of some areas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads