Leeds Accomo question :) Watch

electricblue19
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, went to an open day a couple of weeks ago and really liked Henry Price. The only other accomodation I saw was catered.

My question is which is the nearest self catered accomodation to the union/refectory except Henry Price? Because reading this it sounds as though when applying HP its v. competative, so which is the next best thing?

Thanks
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Check out their website-sorry thats the only advice I can give-wish could tell you more
TheWizard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think there is another self catered accommodation on campus apart from Henry Price, the rest on campus as far as I'm aware are catered.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation...20Map_0708.pdf

Check that map out, it isn't the most detailed but gives you a broad view of how close or far various places are from the Uni. The next closest is probably Montague Burton but Henry Price crushes it in terms of distance from the Union :p:
electricblue19
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks
Will be applying for 2009, but I've been reading on here and am worried after applying to accomodation I'll just be shoved somewhere way out like Boddington and hate it.

It probably changes year on year but on the accomodation application do you write the residence you prefer or just general preferences like proximity to campus and ensuite and stuff?
TheWizard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, but I really don't remember 100%

I'm sure the preferences you put will be taken into consideration if you don't manage to get into you're preferred accom. (Im sure accomoffice has said this on this site).

I don't think that you put down specific accom. that you would prefer as second choices, but I could be wrong. What you can do however is if you are put somewhere you do not like, you can request to move to a different accom. at any point in the year (I think), but of course this is dependant on which accom has spare places.
R34L
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electricblue19)
It probably changes year on year but on the accomodation application do you write the residence you prefer or just general preferences like proximity to campus and ensuite and stuff?
Well, this year the application had the option to put the one residence you most want to be allocated to, along with other personal preferences you rank on a scale from about 1-6 for things like campus proximity, ensuite, catered/self-catered, cost, etc. There's also a space available for you to write whatever else is important to you -- in your case, maybe how much you wouldn't want to be placed in Boddington Hall or something like that.
Leonardo85
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
St Marks is very close to campus and self catered! it's not bad at all apart form the fact that it's next to some pubs, so you might hear some noisy drunks during the night..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads