University of Edinburgh vs University of Stirling Watch

Kittyinjapan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have two unconditional offers for a MSc in Criminology at the University of Edinburgh and the University of Stirling. I'm absolutely torn on this decision. I'm looking for some more insight please.
Location, cost and classroom size are leaning towards Stirling. But it seems very attractive to have Edinburgh on my CV. I like the idea of going to an ancient University.

Any one have experience with course content? From my research I found that Stirling has a higher rating for Criminology than Edinburgh but I would really appreciate more feedback.

I'm also bringing my husband and my cat. The cat coming is definitely non-negotiable. I was told it would not be too hard to find places that accept cats. I don't want to live in University accommodations. Im willing to pay for to live in Edinburgh if it seems like it will be worth it. It would be great if my husband can find a job as well.

Travel is also really important to me. I want to see as much of Scotland as I can and I want to travel to other countries during my breaks.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (138)
54.33%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.2%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.35%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.57%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.09%