AS certificates Watch

Sophie_10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i have just completed my AS levels and wondered if you got certificates for these.

i will be continuing on to A2 so do you get any certificates for your AS levels?
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You will only get certificates if you cash in and leave them as AS'. If you continue them to A2 level then, no, you'll get certificates for the entire A-level.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Certificates, no. But they are certificated, and you get a sheet of paper saying what grades you got, but it's not an official certificate.
Sophie_10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
ok thanks!

Salinger
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by River85)
You will only get certificates if you cash in and leave them as AS'. If you continue them to A2 level then, no, you'll get certificates for the entire A-level.
say i got A in AS level maths, could i 'Cash it in' get a certificate at AS, and then carry it on at A2 and get a certificate at A2 for maths as well? (eg. a person may get A in AS, then U in A2 - unlikely i know)

i'm dropping AS Economics so i take it I cash this in because i'm not carrying it on at A2.
summertime_
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Salinger)
say i got A in AS level maths, could i 'Cash it in' get a certificate at AS, and then carry it on at A2 and get a certificate at A2 for maths as well? (eg. a person may get A in AS, then U in A2 - unlikely i know)

i'm dropping AS Economics so i take it I cash this in because i'm not carrying it on at A2.
no, if you 'cash' it in at AS, you wont be able to continue it to A2. You only 'cash in' AS levels that you arent going to be carrying on with.
Garden_Gnome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Salinger)
Do you mind if I answer this on River85's behalf? No, you can't do that. You will not get a certificate in a subject if you're carrying it to A2. Not until the end of the A2 year anyway.

When you get the certificate at the end of the A2 year it will be for the whole A-level, not seperate.
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by summertime_)
no, if you 'cash' it in at AS, you wont be able to continue it to A2. You only 'cash in' AS levels that you arent going to be carrying on with.
No, you can still cash them in and take them to A2.
* But you still might not get a certificate.
summertime_
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OllyThePhilosopher)
No, you can still cash them in and take them to A2.
* But you still might not get a certificate.
I thought the whole idea of cashing them in was because you werent taking them to A2, oops.
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by summertime_)
I thought the whole idea of cashing them in was because you werent taking them to A2, oops.
You're right, it's just that you can carry on with them even if you've already cashed them in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed