Insurance accomodation Watch

cuzza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Lancaster is my insurance choice, and there's a 50/50 chance I might be going there - not an issue, it's great!

But, do I need to apply for accomodation even though it's my insurance? If so, how do I go about doing that?
DannyOwens
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they will contact u after results if u go there
*Fool'sGold*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oooh I was going to start the exact same thread.

I'm panicking, because my friends have told me if Lancaster is only your insurance there's a chance you may have to live off campus cos there's no room. :eek: That cannot happen. I couldn't live on my own in a strange city as a fresher, it would be awful.

Is this true?? If so, I guess I should start praying more for the grades for my firm. :rolleyes:
luke88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Fool'sGold*)
Oooh I was going to start the exact same thread.

I'm panicking, because my friends have told me if Lancaster is only your insurance there's a chance you may have to live off campus cos there's no room. :eek: That cannot happen. I couldn't live on my own in a strange city as a fresher, it would be awful.

Is this true?? If so, I guess I should start praying more for the grades for my firm. :rolleyes:
If you do end up at Lancaster - I expect they would put you with freshers living in a house - that's what they did last year. However, Lancaster have got their act together this year and might have a few rooms free for insurance/clearing students so don't worry too much.
*Fool'sGold*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by luke88)
If you do end up at Lancaster - I expect they would put you with freshers living in a house - that's what they did last year. However, Lancaster have got their act together this year and might have a few rooms free for insurance/clearing students so don't worry too much.
Arghh that would suck so much.
michaelbenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Flatmates and friends of mine who applied through clearing or took Lancaster as their Insurance offer made it onto campus in their first year, I am sure the College and Residence Office would have some provision in place to house students who didn't select Lancaster as their Firm offer, obviously their priority is guaranteeing accommodation to these guys, but with new accommodation being built all the time on campus hopefully they'll be rooms free.

You're best off getting into contact with them directly at [email protected] to find out what sort of procedure they have in place for dealing with allocating accommodation for insurance based/clearing students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads