Sona9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The uni course I want to do (primary education ba hons) is asking for a 4 in maths English and science. But in science I got a 3-3, would I still get accepted onto the course if I have my maths and English ?

Update: thank you all for your help, I have decided to do a different course instead
Last edited by Sona9; 1 week ago
ellaswords
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
sorry idk, but i aspire to also have a career in teaching, preferably primary school children but if anything will let me down it’ll be my science scores, so i will be watching this forum as it could prove very useful
Claudette
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You need a a C or a 4 in science for primary teaching.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sona9)
The uni course I want to do (primary education ba hons) is asking for a 4 in maths English and science. But in science I got a 3-3, would I still get accepted onto the course if I have my maths and English ?
The GCSE grades are a national requirement. You can do a science equivalency course, though.
ARUStudents
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sona9)

Update: thank you all for your helps, I have decided to do a different course instead
Hi Sona,

I see you have updated your post to say you are looking at a different course instead of Primary Education BA (Hons), but as SarcAndSpark mentioned you do have options available to you which you can discuss with your universities of choice, or address beforehand. It may be possible to retake your GCSE or complete a science equivalency test as an alternative.
The reason these marks are required is due to the minimum requirement to be accepted onto a subsequent teacher training scheme.
If your plan was to become a teacher, please don't let one result hold you back. There are always ways to address it. As a student on a Primary Education BA (Hons) course, I can tell you it is a very interesting one, and definitely worth it if it's what you really want to do.

Take care,

Katrina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (166)
18.42%
Labour (390)
43.29%
Liberal Democrats (178)
19.76%
Green Party (51)
5.66%
Brexit Party (23)
2.55%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.33%
SNP (11)
1.22%
Plaid Cymru (8)
0.89%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.11%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.11%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (2)