Worth the effort contacting a friend? What's up with the behaviour? Watch

Sanity Panda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Few weeks ago I wrote about how I tried to chat to my friend twice but recieved no replies. People here told me that I was stressing myself out over nothing, so I dropped the matter trusting that everything is fine and that I'd just catch them next time.

Turns out that they had been abroad for the month! :eek: So it looks like you guys were right!! Congratulations!! All fine and dandy. I'll get be able to get in touch now that they are back from holidays or so I thought...Today a saturady: Wrote to them while they were away, thinking maybe when they returned from whatever they were doing. Several times I saw the away sign disapper for a while, go back on and then Viola: Offline

This was like the span of 4 hours. What's up with that? I don't really understand.

TL;DR
  • Wanted to chat with a friend
  • Said hello while they were busy - Fair enough. I'll wait for them to come back.
  • See them come out of busy status a couple of times
  • They go offline.
  • What?
Hansi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it's a good friend just call them, don't bother with IM. I often just ignore IMs if I have other things on my mind.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
dont read so much into it just yet. try and contact them in another way and see how the act then.
can you not go round?
Sanity Panda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Nope... It's an online friendship. But we've been friends for a long time.

Things only went downhill when it was decided that we should stay as friends, but I don't know if that was paranoia or intuition speaking.

This behaviour is just completely new to me. Would have expected at least a hello or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads