The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

standard rhul bursaries/grants

hey
just wondering ive finished all my student finance stuff with the LEA and signed my declaration that will give me a full grant and tuition loan. but i was wondering rhul states that if you are getting a full grant from the gov. then they will automatically give you the standard one which is £750 and there is also another one for 500£ if you get ABB. this is all awarded if your household income is under 30k. but will they send us a letter saying that we will recieve one or ...? lol i mean i could ring them up in a few weeks time to see whats going on but just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

*also i know this is more general student finance than rhul related, but what happens after you sign the declaration? do i have to wait now till results day for info on when they will pay my grant etc?*

thank yoouuuu :smile: xxx
Reply 1
Just make sure that on your student finance application you ticked the 'share information' box. If so, it's all done automatically. If you didn't you should email RHUL regarding the bursaries.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Dead1nside
Just make sure that on your student finance application you ticked the 'share information' box. If so, it's all done automatically. If you didn't you should email RHUL regarding the bursaries.

hey thanks for replying. yes im pretty sure i did that cos i remember it said that it can be shared with the uni for their grants/bursaries. but if i dont here from rhul by results day or if anyone else on here hears anything i shall give them a ring.

thanks x
Reply 3
That seems like the right approach to take. I went to the finance talk on one of the open days and the impression I got from the guy was that standard bursaries etc. are automatic, if you tick that box on the student finance form. Scholarships on the other hand have various different deadlines and limited availability / a competitive nature. I hope that reassures you. If in doubt, give them an email, they're very helpful / quick email turn-around time also.

Latest

Trending

Trending