Feel utterly alone :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have very few friends, not close with my family. The one boy I was really starting to like just told me he "doesn't know how he feels about me" . I just feel there's nothing to be here for. I just have so much anxiety. I wish he cared but why would he.
Gemma_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are so many oppurtunities available to make friends.

Don't think negatively about yourself.
Think of all the good things and what you can offer people.
Arielle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry, I know how you feel. It's a matter of making choices and moves yourself. Be more friendly and approachable and have a positive attitude and maybe it will pay off. Create more oppurtunities to meet new people and smile more.
As for the boy you like, it's not certain that he doesn't feel something for you. Just give him some space and some time, be nice to him, don't be too clingy (I know I get like that sometimes, but I try not to to their faces!)and just see how it goes. Start to make slight efforts with your appearance such as spending a bit more time on your hair, make up, clothes etc and maybe guys will start to notice subtle changes and approach you.
Hope this helps x
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll be your friend lol
Arielle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also, if you ever want to talk, you can always PM me, or PM your email or something. I love talking to people and am always here if you need a chat or some advice
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I think the friends thing is because I left sixthform and haven't really kept in contact with old friends. Everyone's moved on.

I just feel really stupid. I really liked him too.
Arielle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meet new friends. Just talk talk talk! And don't wanna sound too cliched but there's plenty more fish in the sea. Isn't there anything you could do to save this thing with the boy you had?
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think the friends thing is because I left sixthform and haven't really kept in contact with old friends. Everyone's moved on.

Well, there might still be hope for that but you shouldn't dwell on it. It might even appeal to him if you get more confidence etc. I'm having a similar kinda drama as I've just left sixth form too, so I'm going out to meet new people by volunteering and stuff. You'll be fine, just put the effort in yourself and you'll get some good rewards out of it
crawlinginmyskin2006
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I was the same as you when I left school, had no friends and lost contact with them But things picked up as I got a job and made friends and also joined my fave bands fanclub and found friends there.

And the boy situation - try not to worry about it. It's not like he's totally rejected you, there still a chance he does like you. I'm also liking a guy atm and got a bit of a down moment with him but wasn't all bad - I keep tellling myself that to keep me happy
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would advise you to get a job if you haven't already got one (and if you can get one ) and just get to know your colleagues there. It may take a while but it'll be worth it in the end.
Or I'll be your friend! :p:
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Howells)
I would advise you to get a job if you haven't already got one (and if you can get one ) and just get to know your colleagues there. It may take a while but it'll be worth it in the end.
totally agree.. getting a job (even if its just a weekend job) will make you lots of friends.. most of my closest friends are the people that i used to work with.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by groovychez89)
totally agree.. getting a job (even if its just a weekend job) will make you lots of friends.. most of my closest friends are the people that i used to work with.
So what did you guys work as in order to meet loadsa new people?
butterfly_girl_5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the fact that you put yourself in a position where you risk feeling stupid means your ahead of a lot of people- me included
I felt like you for years- and really started to despair- but now youve left school you are freer to find friends

id talk to your family as well- unlike friends, their the only one you'll ever have so you should tell them how you feel, that you dont feel close-you have nothing to lose doing that
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
well no it wasnt for that reason.. the money helped too! but it is a good way of meeting people!
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well no it wasnt for that reason.. the money helped too! but it is a good way of meeting people!
Yeah, but I meant what did you do?
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, but I meant what did you do?
what do you mean what did i do?
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what do you mean what did i do?
..what was your job? :rolleyes:
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
..what was your job? :rolleyes:
just worked in a clothes shop!
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not me personally (I'm still in 6th Form ), but my brother dropped out of school and went to work in a shop in the local shopping centre. It wasn't a chain store though, so everyone was really friendly and knew each other... I suppose working in large retailers like Next, Comet, Halford's etc wouldn't have this same atmosphere. When I worked at Marks and Spencer for example, it was horrible because the older workers alienate you
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not me personally (I'm still in 6th Form ), but my brother dropped out of school and went to work in a shop in the local shopping centre. It wasn't a chain store though, so everyone was really friendly and knew each other... I suppose working in large retailers like Next, Comet, Halford's etc wouldn't have this same atmosphere. When I worked at Marks and Spencer for example, it was horrible because the older workers alienate you
i worked at a primark (just at the weekends though) while i was at college and we were all about the same age so that was why i made loads of friends there.. thinking about it now if id have worked there full time, i wouldve been stuck with the old ladies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads