Your best and worst flights of all time

Watch this thread
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My best flight is:
21/8/2019, Cathay Pacific Flight 289 (Hong Kong to Frankfurt)
It was my first time flying in Business. The seats were quite comfortable and I managed to sleep comfortably for 6 hours on a red-eye. The food and (1-on-1) service was quite good too. I also took Business on the return, but the food was a bit worse off.
My worst flight is:
16/8/2017, Hong Kong Express Airways Flight 140 (Hong Kong to Taichung)
This flight was generally AWFUL. Cannot accept no air-conditioning on a plane in the summer, and got stuck before pushback for 1 hour. The plane was VERY HOT.
However, after Hong Kong Express Airways was acquired by Cathay Pacific recently, it will have a better service. I may fly them again in 2020.
Helloworld_95
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Scoot from Tianjin to Singapore, that airline is incredible, Singapore airline service at Air Asia prices.

Worst is anything on a small airplane because the comfort will almost always be poor, but ignoring that probably either BA domestic for the tiny legroom or Air Asia in or out of Penang as the plane didn't feel in the best of shape on either flight.
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Anything economy 🤢
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Best - Getting bumped from club to first LHR-CGK with BA. Didn't want to disembark.

Worse - Ryanair STN-CIA for £2 or something. Screaming child next to me, enough legroom for a dwarf and the seat had something sticky on it. Disgusting experience.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Worst flight for my son: etihad flight where one of the engines stopped working.
Drewski
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Best; 6hrs in an RAF Nimrod over the Irish sea, chasing submarines and trawlers at 250ft.

Worst;
Either- a) 45 bumpy minutes in an RAF Merlin being deployed in an exercise. Pilot was throwing it around trying to be funny...
Or b) 11hrs30 LHR-NRT. Just so boring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads