Tuition Fees for 08 Entry. Watch

username138327
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was just wondering if anybody has got their finanical assessment for the loans for next year. I just had a look and the loan for tuition fees I've got is: £3,145. It says in the booklets with the loan forms that this is the maximum.

The fees that LSE say they are charging for the next year is £3,146. They say this is the maximum.

I'm just confused as to which is right? Not that it really matters, I guess it's only £1, it's just puzzled me a tad.
ColdVein
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol I was wondering the exact same thing. I put £3146 on my student finance forms (as this is what it said in my LSE letter) but when I got my entitlement letter from SLC they said they are only lending me £3145 (the max). I wonder if im gonna have to pay the extra quid myself..
gizmoleeds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ColdVein)
I wonder if im gonna have to pay the extra quid myself..
Well given LSE's recent attitude towards unpaid fees from home students (sending hundreds of undergraduates threatening letters telling them their library access was about to be cancelled as they hadn't paid their fees due to a c**k-up between the SLC and the LSE) it wouldn't surprise me if they sent u some threatening emails and demand letters for your pound... :p:
Admonitor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well we can only get £3145 so I guess we'll just have to fork out the pound, assuming it's not a mistake. I thought universities had to cap their fees at £3145 though, but I'm probably wrong.

I'm sure we can all spare £1 :p:
The Edwinnator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh come on, 1 quid is nothing compared to 12,260 a year :|
username138327
Rep:
?
But you have to understand the bureaucratic nightmare that britian is. That £1 will be like WWIII!
SarahhhD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Admonitor)
Well we can only get £3145 so I guess we'll just have to fork out the pound, assuming it's not a mistake. I thought universities had to cap their fees at £3145 though, but I'm probably wrong.

I'm sure we can all spare £1 :p:
You made it sound like its a fortune. :rofl:
Jxhn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SarahhhD)
You made it sound like its a fortune. :rofl:
You make it sound like a pittance, what if I can't go because I can't pay the quid
:rolleyes:
The Edwinnator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jxhn)
You make it sound like a pittance, what if I can't go because I can't pay the quid
:rolleyes:
Buy one less lager a year, and you can
username138327
Rep:
?
Larger! Bah! Cider all the way! (and no, I will not cut down on my cider consumption! )
Jxhn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Edwinnator)
Buy one less lager a year, and you can
I'm off the lager now! Only straight spirits, its better for you haha
petite_chaperon_rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
drink water Or milk.. You remain sober, in good health, you don't gain weight but you gain nutrients.. LOL..

ok jokes apart...
tHe big question is when do we pay for our fees?

can it be done before registration or should it be after we have registered which will be something after the 30th of September?
emdo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gizmoleeds)
Well given LSE's recent attitude towards unpaid fees from home students (sending hundreds of undergraduates threatening letters telling them their library access was about to be cancelled as they hadn't paid their fees due to a c**k-up between the SLC and the LSE) it wouldn't surprise me if they sent u some threatening emails and demand letters for your pound... :p:

This was ridiculous, I had paid off my tution fees AGES ago and I got two emails first was

I couldn't take exams

then

You couldn't get exams results

THey should really get that sorted
TSR King
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does anyone have any idea of how much 2009 tutition fees will be?.. also will people starting this year, have to pay £3,145 for year 2 and 3, or does it increase with the 'you know what'?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed