Northwestern
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I applied for universities via UCAS.
Then, I received a request from one uni's admissions office to provide further information with nominated deadline October 30th.

I provided a requested information on time but I have not yet receive any replies or notifications of reception.

Now, I am anxious about whether my information was sent successfully to admissions office.
Is is usual for admissions office not to send any emails after successful reception of information?

Or, should I contact admissions office and ask about this?
Last edited by Northwestern; 5 months ago
grKiro
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
There’s should be an acknowledgement email......if not then there’s no harm to ask for an update
Northwestern
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by grKiro)
There’s should be an acknowledgement email......if not then there’s no harm to ask for an update
Thank you for your reply!

After the submission of UCAS app., I received an automated acknowledgement email from this uni.
Further information was sent directly to admissions office via email (not online portal), as admissions office instructed.

If they have not yet received my email with info for some reasons, they should send me reminder letters so as to inform me of that time was up.
However, I currently did not receive both reminder letter and acknowledgement reply.

Is this case unusual?
Last edited by Northwestern; 5 months ago
grKiro
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Seems bit unusual.....better be safe and send them an email regarding this issue
Hinatazaka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Seems bit unusual.....better be safe and send them an email regarding this issue
I see...

Basically, doesn’t admissions office send applicants reminder letter even if applicants are late for the deadline?
grKiro
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Hinatazaka)
I see...

Basically, doesn’t admissions office send applicants reminder letter even if applicants are late for the deadline?
Not always..... depends on the institution and how much they already have on their plates!
Hinatazaka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not always..... depends on the institution and how much they already have on their plates!
Exactly.
I am now anxious about that I miss opportunities to get offer due to lack of further information...

Anyway, period awaiting decision is killing me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (154)
16.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (88)
9.38%
Isolating with family (65)
6.93%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.62%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (82)
8.74%
Loneliness (95)
10.13%
Financial worries (39)
4.16%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.82%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.06%

Watched Threads