The Student Room Group

Should I tell her I like her even though I don't want a relationship?

She's really really really special but I think a relationship would be bad as we'll both be off to uni next year. I feel like we've got a lot of work to be doing and we might end up splitting just before uni.
Reply 1
If you have decided against a relationship, what would be the point of informing her? It may cause unnecessary distress between you and disrupt your dynamic.
Reply 2
Original post by Eilis_R
If you have decided against a relationship, what would be the point of informing her? It may cause unnecessary distress between you and disrupt your dynamic.

Because I sort of want it to be finalised. I sort of want her to agree with me that it wouldn't work.
Reply 3
Yeah that makes sense. In a way you would want her to reassure you that it is that right decision?
Uni is an entire year away. You could date and only last three months - but that would still be dating experience (very valuable!). If it were to work then hey, uni doesn't need to be the end. People make it work.
Reply 5
Original post by Eilis_R
Yeah that makes sense. In a way you would want her to reassure you that it is that right decision?

Exactly. But I'm scared that even doing that could ruin things!
Reply 6
Original post by sinfonietta
Uni is an entire year away. You could date and only last three months - but that would still be dating experience (very valuable!). If it were to work then hey, uni doesn't need to be the end. People make it work.

Thanks for the response!

It's not just uni. I'm concerned we wouldn't see each other as often as we should and end up breaking up for the wrong reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending