Feel Like A Let Down . . Watch

This discussion is closed.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
. . .Said I would go out for my mates bday but after seeing the weather, suspected cold on its way - i have had to cancel . Was looking forward to going out as haven't been out in a while, but last time I went out when the weather was crap and very cold - I caught bad flu which last almost 3weeks (lost loads of weight as well).

Does anyone think im mean or have I done the right thing? (not only that i have revision to do as well and aint got a lot of money either)
Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't accept it from one of my friends :p:

Nah just ask them and if they're really upset then go.
lilac!!
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Just go, wear something warm!

But no ur not a meanie :hugs:
DancinBallerina
(Original post by Jabbamuffin)
I wouldn't accept it from one of my friends :p:

Nah just ask them and if they're really upset then go.
I just texted her and blauntly said ''weather mate is making me curb my neck in and plus I aint feelin too well either. IF the weather picks up, then yea i'll make an appearence''.

Will just stay in and do some revision. :cool:
Jabbamuffin
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
I just texted her and blauntly said ''weather mate is making me curb my neck in and plus I aint feelin too well either. IF the weather picks up, then yea i'll make an appearence''.

Will just stay in and do some revision. :cool:
:laugh:

Fair enough, I think you should go out though!! I'm not feeling it either, but it's certain I'll get dragged out unless no one can be bothered.

I've got nothin to wear either :mad: well no nice tops...
Areontas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's understandable - I'm sure if you'd have felt up for it, you'd have gone. I do stuff like that sometimes, but friends never seem to understand.
U_Avin_A_Laff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
. . .Said I would go out for my mates bday but after seeing the weather, suspected cold on its way - i have had to cancel . Was looking forward to going out as haven't been out in a while, but last time I went out when the weather was crap and very cold - I caught bad flu which last almost 3weeks (lost loads of weight as well).

Does anyone think im mean or have I done the right thing? (not only that i have revision to do as well and aint got a lot of money either)

bang out of order
DancinBallerina
(Original post by Areontas)
It's understandable - I'm sure if you'd have felt up for it, you'd have gone. I do stuff like that sometimes, but friends never seem to understand.
(Original post by Areontas)
Yea - earlier in the week I was well up for going as I haven't been out in a while and etc, but the weather and not feeling too well has made me just want to curl up in bed this evenin with my books - revising. Geek on a Saturday night, yes but meh I honestly don't wanna catch flu/cold. I texted my mate (bday girl and she was alright about it, texted my other mate and I got a snotty reply back).

(Original post by U_Avin_A_Laff)
bang out of order
Ah well, life goes on . . . .
KAv.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
erm revision for what? do people still have exams? lol

and how far is it? if its near you can go and say hi and stay for a while and then come back early so at least she knows you made the effort
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally I think it's really rude when people say they'll do something but then cancel just because they don't feel like it.

You're not going to catch flu from being cold stop being a wuss.
natasha02
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
welll...weather is not a great excuse...you should have made some other excuse up...to sound more convincing
DancinBallerina
(Original post by KAv.)
erm revision for what? do people still have exams? lol

and how far is it? if its near you can go and say hi and stay for a while and then come back early so at least she knows you made the effort
Yes if you've got resits to do, which you've already forked out £30 for!

(Original post by Nadinus)
Personally I think it's really rude when people say they'll do something but then cancel just because they don't feel like it.

You're not going to catch flu from being cold stop being a wuss.
Nah its not rude at all - if i literally am not feeling up to it and would rather stay at home and revise then I think its a perfectly good reason to. End of the day you can't force a horse to drink water - same with you cant force someone to go to something which yes, they may intentionally of wanted to go to, but have changed their mind because they aren't feeling up to it. End of.

(Original post by natasha02)
welll...weather is not a great excuse...you should have made some other excuse up...to sound more convincing
:rolleyes: - I take it its not chucking down where you are, with your town on flood alert one year on from July 2007 floods! im not runnin up and down town in the wet and cold, when already not feelin too great as it is. End of the day education comes before partying in my opinion. Others maybe different but that's how I see it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.32%
No - but I will (38)
6.82%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (263)
47.22%

Watched Threads