need some advice.... Watch

hodgey90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
right, i'm going to apply for biochemistry for 2009 entry, and i am considering exeter and southampton as my firm choices (if i get an offer)
i have been to open days for both unis, but i'm really stuck as to which one is the better one for me
just looking for opinons on which uni is better...
thanks
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People in my year seem to prefer Southampton but I personally haven't looked.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is no "better". It's subjective. Both are fine unis. Exeter is already well established and Southampton (already well regarded in areas of engineering) is on its way up.
hodgey90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
I didn't apply to either of those Universities myself but generally - which one did you feel as though you could spend 3 years of your life at?
You said in your post that you're considering Southampton & Exter as your firm choices - you do realise that you have one firm and one insurance so put them as your top 2 and first of all see what happens (eg. whether they both give you offers - if one doesn't then you go to the one that does give you an offer).
Secondly, If you get offers from both try and arrange a visit of your own to each Uni (it can be better sometimes to look around yourself because they're not 'putting on a show' so to speak) and see if you feel any different or if it gives you a better idea as to which one you prefer.
Look at the structure of each course too (I don't know if they differ) and see which one you would prefer.
Good luck
no i realize that, i put a plural there because i am undecided, (or just bad grammer) lol

thanks for the advice!
i heard exeter was a bit of a 'snobby' uni before the open day, and after the open day, i couldn't really tell wether it was or not!. i loved the campus, and the course.
southampton i really liked too, and when i was there i could see myself being there for 3 years more easily than i could at exeter. But exeter ticks more of the boxes!

why is it never easy!?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.51%
No - but I will (25)
5.52%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (217)
47.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise