Hinatazaka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am an international prospective student and applied after one year completion of BA degree in my home country.

I received a request from UCL admissions office to provide extra-reference directly from professor in my current university, because I submitted my reference from high school teacher via UCAS.

I find appropriate referee, and my professor directly sent my reference to admissions office via email on time.

Not until today did I receive any emails which tells me successful reception even though deadline was two days ago.

I asked my referee whether he received any replies from admissions office, but he told me that he also has not yet received any replies.

Does this case have possibilities that my reference did not yet reach admissions office?

Should I contact admissions office and ask whether they successfully receive a reference?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
Hi there.

Just phone up the ucl admissions office and see if they have received it. Sometimes, but rarely, errors happen but if you have sent it on time, unis will not reject you based off on that.
Hinatazaka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there.

Just phone up the ucl admissions office and see if they have received it. Sometimes, but rarely, errors happen but if you have sent it on time, unis will not reject you based off on that.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

If admissions office did not yet receive my professor’s reference for some reasons, may admissions office send me reminder letters so as to inform me of time was up?

Actually, both professor and me have not received reminder letters as well as replies.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hinatazaka)
Thank you for your prompt reply.

If admissions office did not yet receive my professor’s reference for some reasons, may admissions office send me reminder letters so as to inform me of time was up?

Actually, both professor and me have not received reminder letters as well as replies.
You're welcome.

They may do but it sounds like they've not quite got your contact details along the way somewhere.

I would think that they would have sent you some reminders but it may have been the case they've got the wrong contact details. Therefore do phone them up!
Hinatazaka
Rep:
?
You're welcome.

They may do but it sounds like they've not quite got your contact details along the way somewhere.

I would think that they would have sent you some reminders but it may have been the case they've got the wrong contact details. Therefore do phone them up!
Thank you for your message regarding my post.

Because I am an international student from Asia, to take a call for admissions office in the UK costs me a lot.

Actually, I am anxious that I will not be able to communicate with admissions tutors in English very much as my mother tangue is not English.

To ask them via email is ineffective, isn’t it?

Anyway, I wish to contact them after tomorrow when weekday starts.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hinatazaka)
Thank you for your message regarding my post.

Because I am an international student from Asia, to take a call for admissions office in the UK costs me a lot.

Actually, I am anxious that I will not be able to communicate with admissions tutors in English very much as my mother tangue is not English.

To ask them via email is ineffective, isn’t it?

Anyway, I wish to contact them after tomorrow when weekday starts.
Asking them via email should be fine too!

Don't worry about it too much. Just use emails (that being said if you aren't confident with using English to discuss these things, do you think it is a good idea to be in an English speaking country and having to converse almost entirely in English?)

But anyway, emails are fine too. Send them an email or schedule it for UK time 9am.
Hinatazaka
Rep:
?
Asking them via email should be fine too!

Don't worry about it too much. Just use emails (that being said if you aren't confident with using English to discuss these things, do you think it is a good idea to be in an English speaking country and having to converse almost entirely in English?)

But anyway, emails are fine too. Send them an email or schedule it for UK time 9am.
Exactly.

To be honest, I am being super-nervous over possibility I will miss opportunities to get offers due to unfortunate failure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads