idkanyusername
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nickolai)
Yes, so do you know what novel/film youre going to do or have you not looked at that yet?
The spec from last year included a bunch of research topics and the only literature I can remember was Al-les w altheab (the thief and the wolves.)
nickolai
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AnonymousGuest)
No I'm in Year 11 that's why I said "I'm planning to do". I'm going to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science because I want to study Computer Science at a top university. If i chose a levels based on what I like, I would definitely have chosen Humanities(Gov and Politics etc) and Languages but I reserve them as rather passtimes or hobbies instead of doing an examination in them.
fair enough, im going into dentistry so i did half sciences half humanities and it worked out for me. Good luck!
nickolai
Rep:
?
(Original post by idkanyusername)
The spec from last year included a bunch of research topics and the only literature I can remember was Al-les w altheab (the thief and the wolves.)
yeah i dont think that book is on this new spec is it? and thanks
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yess, are you sitting the a level too?
I still don't know tbh
I'll have to see
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fair enough, im going into dentistry so i did half sciences half humanities and it worked out for me. Good luck!
What year are you in?
I'm planning on going into Dentistry too (I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths)
Is there anything that you've done to help you have a better chance of getting into the course?
nickolai
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxlaila03xx)
What year are you in?
I'm planning on going into Dentistry too (I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths)
Is there anything that you've done to help you have a better chance of getting into the course?
Im doing a gap year right now so ive finished my a levels; i took biology, chemistry, english literature & religious studies.
Hmmm i would say definitely get in as much work experience as you can, make sure you have at least one work experience at a hospital (maxfax), and a Nhs and a private clinic to show range and it looks really good in your personal statement.
In tterms of extra curricular, if your school as a DentSoc or biosoc, chemsoc something related to that deginitely try to join one of those or even better if you try to set it up yourself. Have a hobby that shows teamwork, maybe a spot or sometthing. as well as sometthing thay shows manual dexterity (maybe knitting, instrument, baking etc) i think thats all really as well as a solid academic streak which i assume u habe. Good luck and if you have any other qs let me know!!
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im doing a gap year right now so ive finished my a levels; i took biology, chemistry, english literature & religious studies.
Hmmm i would say definitely get in as much work experience as you can, make sure you have at least one work experience at a hospital (maxfax), and a Nhs and a private clinic to show range and it looks really good in your personal statement.
In tterms of extra curricular, if your school as a DentSoc or biosoc, chemsoc something related to that deginitely try to join one of those or even better if you try to set it up yourself. Have a hobby that shows teamwork, maybe a spot or sometthing. as well as sometthing thay shows manual dexterity (maybe knitting, instrument, baking etc) i think thats all really as well as a solid academic streak which i assume u habe. Good luck and if you have any other qs let me know!!
Thank youu
idkanyusername
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah i dont think that book is on this new spec is it? and thanks
No clue haha
arwa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey same here, couldnt find any books for alevel arabic but on the edexcel website theres specimen and example questions that im gonna study with. good luck guys aha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (64)
54.24%
No (20)
16.95%
I'm not old enough (34)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed