Does this count as drunk? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I had a lot of alcohol for the first time in my life, during a party yesterday. It was vodka, mixed with some juice... I'd say about 6-7 shots worth in about 30 minutes. I threw up after 30 mins, and I couldn't feel my face... that being said, I didn't feel "drunk", as in I may have felt extremely weak and couldn't walk straight, but my headspace seemed the same, I just wanted to drink to become less socially awkward, but I was still self aware. So, does this mean I was drunk, very tipsy or just sick from that amount of alcohol in such a short amount of time? I have a specific idea about what being drunk looks like, the loss of self-control, the gain of self-confidence... did I just skip these stages of drunkness because I consumed the alcohol so quickly?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had a lot of alcohol for the first time in my life, during a party yesterday. It was vodka, mixed with some juice... I'd say about 6-7 shots worth in about 30 minutes. I threw up after 30 mins, and I couldn't feel my face... that being said, I didn't feel "drunk", as in I may have felt extremely weak and couldn't walk straight, but my headspace seemed the same, I just wanted to drink to become less socially awkward, but I was still self aware. So, does this mean I was drunk, very tipsy or just sick from that amount of alcohol in such a short amount of time? I have a specific idea about what being drunk looks like, the loss of self-control, the gain of self-confidence... did I just skip these stages of drunkness because I consumed the alcohol so quickly?
Vodka tends to make you think as though you think you’re not drunk and need more alcohol but in reality you actually are really drunk
Anonymous #1
Vodka tends to make you think as though you think you’re not drunk and need more alcohol but in reality you actually are really drunk
Is it just vodka that makes you think your drunk?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, you were drunk.
"Couldn't walk straight" and "couldn't feel my face" are the giveaway signs.

You may want to think about increasing your alcohol tolerance or having fewer vodka shots.
Avoid drinking tequila at all costs.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd say that was still being drunk.
and as someone that's also extremely socially awkward, downing shots is not the answer. Just pace yourself, you don't need to get absolutely trashed to fit in.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes, you were drunk.
"Couldn't walk straight" and "couldn't feel my face" are the giveaway signs.

You may want to think about increasing your alcohol tolerance or having fewer vodka shots.
Avoid drinking tequila at all costs.
Is tequila worse than vodka??
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes.
If vodka knocks you for six, tequila punches for ten.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the one time i had tequila i almost threw up.

not because of the alcohol content, just because it tasted ****ing vile. among the most disgusting things I've ever consumed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I'd say that was still being drunk.
and as someone that's also extremely socially awkward, downing shots is not the answer. Just pace yourself, you don't need to get absolutely trashed to fit in.
Yup, you're right. I should've paced myself, but as a complete newbie who didn't do their research, I've learnt my lesson. I don't ever want to be wasted, just feel a slight buzz and be able to talk to people easier.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you feel excitable and/or the sudden urge to message ladies you really shouldn't be messaging? If yes, you're borderline drunk
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
If vodka knocks you for six, tequila punches for ten.
Other way around for me

I can drink tequila till the cows come home, but vodka turns me into a mean drunk
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
the one time i had tequila i almost threw up.

not because of the alcohol content, just because it tasted ****ing vile. among the most disgusting things I've ever consumed.
Alright, I'll definitely steer clear of tequila, I always thought it was a fancier alcohol anyway.
sienna0305
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yes
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
that being said, I didn't feel "drunk", as in I may have felt extremely weak and couldn't walk straight, but my headspace seemed the same, I just wanted to drink to become less socially awkward, but I was still self aware.
Every drunk person thinks they're sober like that so it's normal lmao.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by J Papi)
Do you feel excitable and/or the sudden urge to message ladies you really shouldn't be messaging? If yes, you're borderline drunk
Not really, my head was spinning and everyone acts differently drunk so I've come to the conclusion I probably was drunk lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.27%
Unconditional if firmed (15)
7.61%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.54%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.56%

Watched Threads