dxnixl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
- GCSE: 999988887+Algebra Level 3 [Pass]
- A levels: Aspiring for AAB/AAA in Chem,Bio and Maths
- Will do the Manchester Access Programme
- Have joined a programme held by Imperial Collage London to do a MOOC in Maths / experience uni lifestyle
- Participating in the Senior Maths Challenge

Should i do AS Further Maths next year? It's too late to change my subjects now so changing is *not* an option. That's final
Apad121
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dxnixl)
- GCSE: 999988887+Algebra Level 3 [Pass]
- A levels: Aspiring for AAB/AAA in Chem,Bio and Maths
- Will do the Manchester Access Programme
- Have joined a programme held by Imperial Collage London to do a MOOC in Maths / experience uni lifestyle
- Participating in the Senior Maths Challenge

Should i do AS Further Maths next year? It's too late to change my subjects now so changing is *not* an option. That's final
Hi there

Looks great to me! It's nice to see another person having down the Edexcel Level 3 Award in Algebra. There was also the level 3 award in Statistical Methods which was good fun!

Your grade profile looks more than fine to me and compared to many people.

Are those your predicted grades currently? Trying to get your predicted grades as high as possible will always help but yours should be fine. Which course are you looking to apply for?

As further maths though not a full a level is good as it helps to make your normal maths a level seen much easier and could potentially help distinguish you from the majority of applicants with 3 a levels.

Good luck!
dxnixl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Apad121)
Hi there

Looks great to me! It's nice to see another person having down the Edexcel Level 3 Award in Algebra. There was also the level 3 award in Statistical Methods which was good fun!

Your grade profile looks more than fine to me and compared to many people.

Are those your predicted grades currently? Trying to get your predicted grades as high as possible will always help but yours should be fine. Which course are you looking to apply for?

As further maths though not a full a level is good as it helps to make your normal maths a level seen much easier and could potentially help distinguish you from the majority of applicants with 3 a levels.

Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply
Yep, i'll try getting my grades higher.
What other uni's would you recommend... i dont do further maths at A level so I can't aim for the top ones
Apad121
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dxnixl)
Thanks for the quick reply
Yep, i'll try getting my grades higher.
What other uni's would you recommend... i dont do further maths at A level so I can't aim for the top ones
You're welcome
In terms of raising the grades I would recommend asking what you would need to do in order to prove that you can get those grades.

I would recommend having a good look at other good universities at that level including Bristol, UCL, St Andrew's ? I am not sure whether these specifically require further maths.

Could you consider taking AS further maths as well?

Good luck!
Last edited by Apad121; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads