The Student Room Group

GCSE Edxcel History Help

I do Edexcel history, and the topics that i will cover in upcoming mocks are; Medicine through time, Weimar and Nazi germany & Anglosaxon and Norman Engand. I would much appreciate any tips and help on key things to remember, methods of revision, common exam questions etc :smile:
Original post by mxhnoor.v
I do Edexcel history, and the topics that i will cover in upcoming mocks are; Medicine through time, Weimar and Nazi germany & Anglosaxon and Norman Engand. I would much appreciate any tips and help on key things to remember, methods of revision, common exam questions etc :smile:

The only topic I did at GCSE from your list is Nazi Germany and I managed to get 52/52 on the exam! so I hope my tips will be helpful for you too. I would recommend asking your teachers for model answers as that way you will get a good idea of what the structure they want is like. Also, I found videos really helpful to consolidate knowledge/dates as little detailed facts are what help you stand out from others!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1348
The only topic I did at GCSE from your list is Nazi Germany and I managed to get 52/52 on the exam! so I hope my tips will be helpful for you too. I would recommend asking your teachers for model answers as that way you will get a good idea of what the structure they want is like. Also, I found videos really helpful to consolidate knowledge/dates as little detailed facts are what help you stand out from others!

52/52, i can only dream of achieving such a mark! Edexcel put out a few model answers, is it worth revising and memorising them?
52/52, i can only dream of achieving such a mark! Edexcel put out a few model answers, is it worth revising and memorising them?

trust me getting those marks is achievable, If I could do it so can you! As long as you can find a good way to revise and what to revise you don't have to do irrational hours. I think memorise them as they will help you get the structure as a natural thing but also, I think just listening in class is so vital. I listened in most of my classes and that reduced the amount of time I spent revising extremely! It made revising history more of a consolidation rather than teaching myself everything!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous1348
trust me getting those marks is achievable, If I could do it so can you! As long as you can find a good way to revise and what to revise you don't have to do irrational hours. I think memorise them as they will help you get the structure as a natural thing but also, I think just listening in class is so vital. I listened in most of my classes and that reduced the amount of time I spent revising extremely! It made revising history more of a consolidation rather than teaching myself everything!

I'll be sure to do so, as well as listening in class more intently! Thanks! :smile:

I am only doing Nazi and Weimar Germany out of those. The Revision Guy-de on youtube does excellent recap videos for this and other bits, would highly recommend. Also mind mapping or making lists of the successes/failures/techniques of different groups and policies eg the police state, propaganda or women and children. Ooh it’s also quite useful to learn some statistics such as 70% of household having radios or 60,000 loudspeaker poles being erected in public squares around Germany.
Are you doing you gcses this year? X
Reply 6
Original post by roseabates
I am only doing Nazi and Weimar Germany out of those. The Revision Guy-de on youtube does excellent recap videos for this and other bits, would highly recommend. Also mind mapping or making lists of the successes/failures/techniques of different groups and policies eg the police state, propaganda or women and children. Ooh it’s also quite useful to learn some statistics such as 70% of household having radios or 60,000 loudspeaker poles being erected in public squares around Germany.
Are you doing you gcses this year? X

thank you so much, that's super helpful, and yes i am :smile:
thank you so much, that's super helpful, and yes i am :smile:

No problem- good luck!! X
The only one I do there is medicine through time. I'm in year 11 now and I get a variety of marks! From grade 7-9! A key thing is to just know the key things. Heres the specification, pages 15-17, trust me on this! Life saver!
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/History/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/GCSE_History_(9-1)_Specification_Issue_2.pdf
What where the 2019 gcse questions on Anglo Saxon and Cold War !!
is it possible to start revising now ( 3rd feb) and still get good marks?

Quick Reply

Latest