A in aqa chem, ocr a bio and edexcel maths?

Watch this thread
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m currently in year 13 and predicted AAA, but i don’t think i can get it. What would you recommend doing for each subject in terms of revision?
Chemistry- I usually make notes from chemrevise and do exampro questions
Biology- I do flashcards and exam questions but i feel like i should do notes instead seeing as i only got a B in year 12?
Maths- mathsgenie questions, i really wanna get an A* but i cant seem to get much higher than a middle A

Any help would be appreciated!
emilya18
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I remember a website last year called a-level chemistry or something had loads and loads of practice papers, also physicsandmathstutor has a lot of past questions, so I ended up doing a lot of those as revision
emilya18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
also coming up to exams, I started doing my mechanisms every day, I didn’t remember any to start off with, but if you try to learn a new one every day and repeat it the next day, it’s a lot easier
d0nkey_dude
Rep:
(Original post by emilya18)
also coming up to exams, I started doing my mechanisms every day, I didn’t remember any to start off with, but if you try to learn a new one every day and repeat it the next day, it’s a lot easier
I always lose marks on mechanisms! So i will definitely attempt to learn them all
d0nkey_dude
Rep:
not sure if doing notes for maths is any good tho?
JamesAndrews1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I can help with maths. I was getting really high A's all year but I couldn't manage to break A* from all 3 papers. I ended up getting an A*. The key was doing past papers in class every other week and the teacher marking it. My teacher thought it best to master a paper and understand the sort of Q being asked I.e. every Qs topic understood and doing practice follow up on Qs in which marks were lost rather than doing a million papers. Yes many papers are valuable but doing every1 thoroughly means you understand more in the end. Last 2-3 months syllabus should be finished in class and you should do 2/3 papers a week, my college set us 2 papers a week I think. That was absolutely key to my success. Also, the book Qs/Examples do help. My college didn't teach stats properly but going through both stats A1 and A2 examples and picking the e/p Qs and a few p Qs per exercise meant I got 92% on stats. Mechanics is a lot harder to practice.
JamesAndrews1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I did OCR A Chemistry but the way I revised was by looking at each chapter in the book and reading thoroughly over it again to refresh it in my memory. Then get topic checklists up if you can find it and make sure you understand each point. Also, use the damn syllabus thing on AQA A level Chemistry as to get a grip on what you need to know to ensure you are equipped with enough knowledge on the topic you r revising at that given instance. A bit of advice, don't always trust the syllabus when it says the definition for so and so is not required as in the past this has proven to be wrong (well for OCR at least). Revising everything now and building your knowledge up now and this early is really really good. That way you can use your revision in later topics you learn and link ideas together well and have a better understanding. Also, make sheets of paper with everything you meed to know for a topic. Refer back to these. Finally, try to get paper and a pen and 'blurt' out everthing you remeber about a certain topic a few days after revising it. Then cross reference it with resources to ensure you got everything right and you missed nothing out.Doing these things and past papers I can guarantee you'll get an A. I was predicted an A* in Chemistry and I didn't do the past papers and due to poor circumstances for the exam, Eid and Ramadan (fasting) and the difficulty increasing as opposed to previous years, I missed the A* by 1 Mark. So I have no doubt these techniques work.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
For Maths;

https://www.edx.org/course/a-level-mathematics-for-y12
https://www.edx.org/course/a-level-mathematics-part-2
https://www.edx.org/course/a-level-m...ar-12-course-3
d0nkey_dude
Rep:
that looks really good to consolidate my year 12 knowledge, anything for year 13?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by d0nkey_dude)
that looks really good to consolidate my year 12 knowledge, anything for year 13?
If you look some are for Y12 work and some for Y13.
d0nkey_dude
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
If you look some are for Y12 work and some for Y13.
that’s great thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads