University of Westminster - Computer Science

Watch
adar97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
currently i am in my third year at the university of Westminster, i heard when you graduate they allow you to drop the lowest mark you got out of second and third year combined.i just wanted to know from previous students if there was any truth in that.
Tribulogic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adar97)
currently i am in my third year at the university of Westminster, i heard when you graduate they allow you to drop the lowest mark you got out of second and third year combined.i just wanted to know from previous students if there was any truth in that.
Hey, I can confirm that is true. I did 6 modules in year 2, and only 5 counted, so if you do poorly in one, it doesn't really matter. They do this automatically, it's part of the grading system, but I've heard that different univeristies use different grading systems.

Hope that helps.
Uni of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adar97)
(Original post by Tribulogic)
Hey, I can confirm that is true. I did 6 modules in year 2, and only 5 counted, so if you do poorly in one, it doesn't really matter. They do this automatically, it's part of the grading system, but I've heard that different univeristies use different grading systems.

Hope that helps.
Hi there

Your lowest 2nd and 3rd year modules will be discounted which gives you the best opportunity to gain a high final grade. Students degree classification will be made up from 2/3's of your best 3rd Year grades and 1/3 of your best 2nd Year grades.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
11.11%
No I am happy with my choice (7)
38.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads