Can I still get support if I change University? Watch

The Menace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've got a few queries about my student finance so any help would be much appreciated. I've had a look through other threads but can't find anything that can shed light on my situation.

Basically, I was at Birmingham University for two years and received maintainence and tuition fee loans for both years. It wasn't much, as back then the tuition fees were only £900 per year, so in all I have taken out about £5,000 from the SLC.

However, I left University after two years as I just didn't want to be there anymore and I decided to take a break. I re-applied to Leicester and have now received an unconditional offer to start my course in September 2008. I have been working since I left Birmingham and have raised a comfortable amount of funds for when I return to University, but my life would be easier if I could get a tuition fee loan for the first year.

When I re-applied through UCAS I set-up a new account and obviously received a new UCAS account number too. I have noticed that the SLC use this number to identify students as well as provide their loans.

Am I still entitled to another year of financial support considering I have only had two years of help so far? Do I need to get that loan through my old SLC account, or can I do it through a new one and just inform them about everything thats happened?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd ring up UCAS and ask.
I wish you all the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.75%
No - but I will (13)
4.5%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (144)
49.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise