The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1
Erm The Works? Everyone goes there and loves it so it must be good (I'm not a clubbing person but I hear all their stories of their nights out).
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
new places opens n a couple of weeks called chill, where churchills used to be, looks like it will be quite good, works is ok but a little bit hmmmmm dunno :d
Works on mondays, venue wed's n sats
Reply 4
Its all about the Beer cart arms.
Girls and Boys Saturday, Chill's just opened, Monday nights at BaaBaars! :smile:

Alternatively.. tried Ashford? Strawberry Moon is opening this weekend!

And seaside.. im guessing either Herne Bay or Whitstable? Well there is a while coast but they seem popular!
Reply 6
^ I'm excited about hearing about lots of new places opening!!!
Bugger all students are around. I suggest the Hobgoblin, if you're into that sort tof metal pub scene, or the Wetherspoons, Beercart arms, Westbar (don't go there if you're a homophobe) or Penny Theatre.
Reply 8
Westbar sounds like my cup of sexy rainbow tea ^_^
Cherry Tree for a pint of Biddendens! (8% local cider)

Hobgoblin is alright.

Thomas Becket is my favourite pub in Canterbury

Three Tuns is good

Simple Simons is good as well

West Gate Inn is **** but cheap, but less **** than the other spoons.
Reply 10
Of course you don't have to only go to the Student night at BaaBars/The Works/The Bizz, it's open every night but Tuesday. Some nights obviously better than others (Sundays are dead there, but hey it's enough for a few drinks, it's free entry and £2 drinks. Girls And boYs, despite being a gay club, put on some good nights popular with a lot of straight people too, for example last night was a glow in the dark foam party. There are another 2 foam parties coming up over the next few weeks, they are great fun! As for Chill, I never went there before the refurb, and haven't been since, so I can't really comment there, but I've heard it's crap basically.
And of course spoons is always good for pre-drinks.

Latest

Trending

Trending