The Student Room Group

Books for biomedical engineering

I am currently writing a Personal Statement for a Biomedical Engineering, undergraduate course. I have attempted to read quite a few books however they seem to be quite advanced and in depth, and as someone whose highest level of education is AS levels, I am not really familiar with the terminology used in many of these books. I was wondering if anyone knew any slightly more beginner friendly books that would still be relevant if I were to mention them in my Personal Statement. Would that be a good idea? Thank you in advance:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't know any books that you could read, but you don't have to put books in to your personal statement. To show your interest you could just say that you have read articles about Biomedical Engineering then mention some that you have found interesting.
There are many science magazines online and I'm sure you could find an interesting article somewhere. My go to is New Scientist but I'm not sure if they have much on Biomedical Engineering. It's definitely worth having a dig around on the internet though! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by yankang.qi
I don't know any books that you could read, but you don't have to put books in to your personal statement. To show your interest you could just say that you have read articles about Biomedical Engineering then mention some that you have found interesting.
There are many science magazines online and I'm sure you could find an interesting article somewhere. My go to is New Scientist but I'm not sure if they have much on Biomedical Engineering. It's definitely worth having a dig around on the internet though! Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much, I'll definitely check it out. I just thought maybe including a book would show my interest rather than just saying it.
Original post by Phoenix1512
Thank you so much, I'll definitely check it out. I just thought maybe including a book would show my interest rather than just saying it.

That is a good way to show interest, but it is also something that lots of people may have already done. If you mention an obscure-ish article or topic that you read, it will stand out more than just a book.
Reply 4
Original post by yankang.qi
That is a good way to show interest, but it is also something that lots of people may have already done. If you mention an obscure-ish article or topic that you read, it will stand out more than just a book.

I've just checked and there are masses of interesting articles surrounding biomedical engineering, I'd better get reading. Thanks again for your help and also for replying so soon. I'm going back to school on Monday and my teacher is expecting my draft back after weeks of delaying it🤦*♀️😂
Original post by Phoenix1512
I've just checked and there are masses of interesting articles surrounding biomedical engineering, I'd better get reading. Thanks again for your help and also for replying so soon. I'm going back to school on Monday and my teacher is expecting my draft back after weeks of delaying it🤦*♀️😂

Haha good luck with that!! I'm sure you'll find something that'll interest you enough to write about. Good luck!!!
Do you mind sharing the links to these articles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending