Gaming Laptop Watch

uiop
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm looking to buy a 15 inch laptop with preferably a dedicated graphics card with 512MB of VRAM, 2-3GB RAM & a >2GHz processor , does such a laptop exsist for under £600?
Other option is a Dell Studio 15 with 256MB of VRAM and extras like finger print reader etc and 3GB RAM, but i'll wait until the new Centrinos are in it.

Any suggestions??
OiaB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
upgrade the xps m1530 (my laptop ^^)

but mine was £650 for lower specs.

check out alienware. or dell sites. or build your own.
ca25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by uiop)
I'm looking to buy a 15 inch laptop with preferably a dedicated graphics card with 512MB of VRAM, 2-3GB RAM & a >2GHz processor , does such a laptop exsist for under £600?
Other option is a Dell Studio 15 with 256MB of VRAM and extras like finger print reader etc and 3GB RAM, but i'll wait until the new Centrinos are in it.

Any suggestions??
Definitely worth the wait for Montevina (and Centrino 2) architecture. However i would recommend you choose based on the graphics chipset rather than the amount of VRAM; some benchmarks can be found.

The Latitude E5000/E6000 series will be released in August or so, the specs are quite impressive; Since they replace the existing D630 and D830 models, the starting prices should be simillar.

Or have a look at the OCZ Laptop Barebone, and check the cost of building a custom configuration on top of that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.72%
No - but I will (102)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (636)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise