I don't know how reliable my car is but there you go 60mile

Watch this thread
Jesc1134
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi lads got skoda superb 1.8 not sure how reliable the car is with fuel anyone know how much 60mile would be, driving on Motorway from Nottingham to Coalville (Amazon Flex just wanted to check what am doing is worth. On top of that 40 parcels witch have to be delivered near Longborough, getting £40 for the job
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jesc1134)
Hi lads got skoda superb 1.8 not sure how reliable the car is with fuel anyone know how much 60mile would be, driving on Motorway from Nottingham to Coalville (Amazon Flex just wanted to check what am doing is worth. On top of that 40 parcels witch have to be delivered near Longborough, getting £40 for the job
It depends how fast you get through the packages as to whether it's worthwhile.

I tended to finish a 4 hour block @ £52 in 2.5 hours and it typically took me around 65 miles, so I was left with about £45 profit which was £18 an hour (not counting the commute from Middlesbrough to Sunderland).

You need to know your fuel economy figures to work out how much the miles are costing you, then you need to add static running costs too.

Fill your car to the brim before heading to the warehouse and reset your trip computer. Once your block is over and you're back home, fill up again at the same fuel station (ideally the same pump).

(Miles Driven / Litres filled) * 4.544 gets you your MPG figure.

You already have an indication of how much the fuel cost because it's what you paid at the fuel station. You then need to consider wear and tear (much higher as a delivery driver due to frequent stop starts), insurance, tax, and the depreciation of your car due to the higher miles.

45p per mile is a good rule of thumb for covering fuel and running costs, but you can work it out yourself to be more accurate. On that basis, you would net £27 from a £40 block.

Be aware that you will not always be delivering in the same place, and your mileage for a block can vary wildly. My lowest was about 60 miles (it's 25 from home to the warehouse!), my highest was 215 miles.

Any questions about Flex, shoot them across.

TL;DR - Might be worth it, might not be.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
just avoid busy times if you wanna jump back on the m1 or go up/down the a512 at Loughborough, that junction is a nightmare atm
moh143t
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
It depends how fast you get through the packages as to whether it's worthwhile.

I tended to finish a 4 hour block @ £52 in 2.5 hours and it typically took me around 65 miles, so I was left with about £45 profit which was £18 an hour (not counting the commute from Middlesbrough to Sunderland).

You need to know your fuel economy figures to work out how much the miles are costing you, then you need to add static running costs too.

Fill your car to the brim before heading to the warehouse and reset your trip computer. Once your block is over and you're back home, fill up again at the same fuel station (ideally the same pump).

(Miles Driven / Litres filled) * 4.544 gets you your MPG figure.

You already have an indication of how much the fuel cost because it's what you paid at the fuel station. You then need to consider wear and tear (much higher as a delivery driver due to frequent stop starts), insurance, tax, and the depreciation of your car due to the higher miles.

45p per mile is a good rule of thumb for covering fuel and running costs, but you can work it out yourself to be more accurate. On that basis, you would net £27 from a £40 block.

Be aware that you will not always be delivering in the same place, and your mileage for a block can vary wildly. My lowest was about 60 miles (it's 25 from home to the warehouse!), my highest was 215 miles.

Any questions about Flex, shoot them across.

TL;DR - Might be worth it, might not be.
being a student are we allowed to work ?? I mean international student i do have a car but it's an international license.

what else I do need to start at amazon flex.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by moh143t)
being a student are we allowed to work ?? I mean international student i do have a car but it's an international license.

what else I do need to start at amazon flex.
Don't bother.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (18)
28.57%
As I expected (18)
28.57%
Harder (24)
38.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.76%

Watched Threads